This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for a company voted 5th in the Great Place to Work (Best Large Workplaces) awards 2018, and Number 15 in Europe in 2017! Pets at Home Group Plc is the UK’s leading pet care business; our commitment is to make sure pets and their owners get the very best advice, products and care. We have over 450 stores, over 310 Groom Rooms and 440 First Opinion Vet Practices. Our business is fast-paced, innovative and fun and it’s our people that make the difference.
We are recruiting for an Academy Learning & Development Trainer with a clinical veterinary background. We welcome applications from those looking to work remotely with national travel but please note that our Support Offices are based in Swindon and Handforth as you may be required to travel to the office occasionally.
As an Academy Learning & Development Trainer you will be working as a key part of the Academy learning & development team, you will create relevant training and development interventions for the Academy function. You will act as an internal training & development consultant and you will be responsible for supporting the design and implementation of all Academy personal development, behavioural, soft skills, interpersonal skills, change and leadership activities within the Academy training function.
The primary focus of the role is on improving both personal and business function performance for all our JVP partners focusing on driving skills, performance and helping to drive attrition levels within the JVP partners down. The role will look to continuously evolve our training plan, building awareness of learning initiatives and demonstrating a return on the investment we make in our colleagues.
Training Strategy & Implementation
- Working with the wider talent team, you will help shape our Academy learning strategy – comprising of personal development, team development, management and leadership development, identifying clinical development opportunities for the JVP partners and colleagues.
- Will be responsible for supporting the design and development of all these programmes, linking benefit and outcomes to our strategic direction and in support of our broader talent strategy.
- Will support the Academy to drive a profit centre that creates commercially required learning solutions that add value for JVP’s and create profitable training return.
- Will continuously improve and evolve programmes based on future business changes, e.g. introducing new and innovative learning programmes.
- Will support and help to gain recognition and where applicable accreditation for our programmes internally and externally.
- Will engage effectively with stakeholders, understanding priorities and promoting the internal learning programmes, raising awareness, engagement and participation
- Will work in partnership to design content that is relevant and where applicable work with the broader learning team including third parties, to ensure a blended learning approach such as e-learning, workshops, master classes, action learning and coaching.
- Will build links with external networks and awarding bodies, to ensure we deliver leading edge solutions, ensuring our programme evolve and become best in class.
- Will be an ambassador of all our programmes, and will work with all stakeholders to ensure they drive added value.
- Will ensure all of our internal programmes embed our values, behaviours & capabilities
- Support the design of training programmes that are relevant and required that drive the future success of the business function.
- Will support the development our JVP partners and where required our support office colleagues, working in collaboration to design effective development solutions for business function development.
- Supporting the implementation plan for the Academy programmes, helping to support our proposition to attract, develop, support, progress and retain our partners & colleagues by providing a best in class development programme.
- To deliver an in-house suite of courses, and a multi-level management development proposition.
- Working collaboratively with other HR people partners to create and drive a consistent development agenda across the Pets at Home Group.
- Will ensure content delivery of the programme is relevant and beneficial to both the colleague and our business.
- Work in partnership with wider team to enhance talent / L&D success across the PAH group.
- Work on L&D projects as required.
- Significant relevant experience of operating at business partner level with clinical experience in a veterinary industry
- L&D design and programmes creation experience
- Focused on continuous improvement, measuring outcomes based on data, trends, analysis and review
- Engaging, knowledgeable and passionate in education and training
- Meticulous in ensuring quality and consistency in delivery of training
- Strategic in mind set – value to business
- Clear, articulate and confident communicator – able to engage and influence key
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus scheme
- 36 days paid annual leave (including bank holidays), rising to 38 days after 2 years service.
- Birthday leave – 1 day extra leave to celebrate your Birthday!
- Pensions – You’ll have the opportunity to join the Pets Pension from day 1 of joining us and the company will contribute to your pension plan so long as you meet the auto-enrolment criteria.
- Colleague Discount- 20% discount for you (plus one family member).
- “Treats” benefits- an online range of offers and discounts which are available exclusively to Pets at Home Colleagues
- Life assurance
- Charity Leave- You are entitled to have one paid day’s leave each year to work for your favourite animal related charity.
- Celebrating Special Celebrations? You’ll get 1 extra week off and a gift to celebrate your wedding or civil partnership, and a gift from us if you are expecting or adopting a baby!
- Free Car Parking