Pinkham Equine is a well-established equine veterinary practice, based in the Salisbury area on the Wiltshire/Hampshire/Dorset borders. They are a hardworking, close knit team who encourage and support each other as well as striving to provide excellent customer service to their very loyal client base.
We have an exciting opportunity available for a reliable, confident and experienced Administrator with a ‘can do’ attitude who has a passion for, and who is confident around, horses.
This role is a combination of office administration, providing vital support to the Practice Manager, managing stock and equipment, and also occasionally being on hand to accompany vets on calls, as required.
Key responsibilities include:-
- Answering the phones and managing electronic diaries
- Communicating effectively with clients, responding to e-mails and ‘drop-ins’
- Accurately entering data onto systems and assisting with month-end accounts
- Completion of insurance claim forms / assisting with horse health and working plans
- Helping to arrange stock supplies and deliveries
- Developing and enacting social media/marketing plans
- Cleaning equipment and taking care of instruments
- Cleaning, making up and packaging medications for posting and accurately recording
- Attending calls with vets to assist, as required
- Managing clinical and other waste
The ideal candidate must have strong track record in administration and possess excellent client care skills. The successful candidate will be friendly and a great team player. They must have a good telephone manner and be able to act professionally and confidentially at all times. They must also have the ability to work under pressure and a flexible approach to working hours.
A background in the veterinary industry would be desirable although not essential, however experience of working in a similar role within a comparable environment would be a distinct advantage. VPAC or BVRA qualifications will also be advantageous.
A good knowledge of Microsoft programs including Word, Excel and Outlook is essential. Knowledge of Microsoft Teams is desirable. They must also have experience and be competent working around and handling horses.
This is a full-time position, working mainly Monday to Friday between 8.30am and 5pm. The salary will be up to £24,000 per annum, depending on experience. Interviews to be held early April with a view to starting in post early May 2021.
Please note that you must hold a full driving licence and have access to your own vehicle for work purposes.
Letters of application, full CV and two references please to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Friday 12th March 2021