We have a great opportunity for an experienced Administrator to join our Edge team on a permanent basis. Based in our Support Office in Dunfermline. Due to current restrictions we are currently working from home with a view to returning to the office. However, travel to and from the office would be required on a regular basis for project work and meetings. Other travel may be required from time to time such as events and career fairs. Typical working hours are 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday full time however if flexibility is required this can be discussed. Our Edge team are responsible for the delivery of training courses and programmes to aid the development of our Vet Surgeons. This allows operational continuity, giving people and their pets the care and support they deserve, at a time they need it most. We are looking for an individual who can make an impact and assist the Head of Edge Programmes and Senior Coordinator with the delivery and coordination of the programmes.
- Act as the primary contact person for participants during the programmes
- Providing support for all logistical issues
- Ensuring the Edge participants feel welcomed and fully supported during their programme
- Liaise with our clinical coaches to arrange and coordinate training shifts for our Edge programme participants
- Produce/analyse questionnaires
- Assist with the Vets Now student Elective programme. Liaise directly with the University contacts and students.
- Liaising with our current EMS coordinator and arrange the student placements directly with the Vets Now clinics/district teams.
- Utilise Moodle/Tessello (online learning platforms) to create and edit course content
- Regular communication with academic course tutors to ensure lecture content/presentations are up to date.
- Attend university career fairs and other veterinary events to promote Vets Now and act as a positive brand ambassador. This may involve overnight trips or weekend work.
- Take ownership of the varied aspects of Edge administration including booking accommodation, organising lunches, liaising with course participants and organising equipment for practical sessions
- To work actively and effectively whilst under pressure in a busy environment
- Organise and moderate online lecture sessions (using platforms such as Zoom)
Skills and Experience Required:
- The ability to prioritise workload based on business needs
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work on own initiative, as well as being team orientated
- Effective communication with other departments and team members
- Positive approach to problem solving
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Can positively adapt to the changing needs and demands of the business
- Excellent knowledge OF Word, Excel and Outlook plus the ability to work across multiple online platforms
What you can expect
At Vets Now we value our people, that’s why we offer great benefits and perks. As a Vets Now employee your benefits will include:
- 6.6 weeks annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Your birthday as a day off
- Pension contributions
- Cash health plan
- Free use of a small on-site gym
- Monthly cooked breakfast
- Vets Now is a dog-friendly employer that welcomes dogs in the office – there is a dog policy that must be adhered to.
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: Up to £23,000 DOE plus benefits
For more than 20 years’ multiple award winner, Vets Now has been developing and perfecting an out-of-hours emergency care service. We provide cover to over 1000 vet practices, have over 60 emergency clinics and specialist referral hospitals across the UK. Vets Now are truly at the cutting edge of pet emergency services.
One team, one goal
If you believe you have the skills and experience for this role and can make an impact on our team, we would love to hear from you.
For more information and to apply, please follow this link…
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 28th July.