We’re a community of passionate veterinary professionals committed to providing truly exceptional care. We’re set on building something extraordinary: creating the most forward-thinking and innovative place in the veterinary industry.
We’re always looking for people who aspire to stand out in their field, and it’s this vision and enthusiasm that forms the foundation of how we work. Our mission to deliver progressive, around the clock care means our employees have the very best equipment and treatment options available, including in-house MRI machines and state-of-the-art operating theatres.
We provide ongoing support to our teams, both in practice and through our dedicated training centre. This empowers you to get the very best from our advanced equipment while being on your journey to veterinary excellence.
We are seeking an Area Manager to support our practices in our Woodstock region.
The successful candidate will be responsible for visiting Medivet practices within the region contributing to the efficient, smooth running of the group.
This role requires a confident and motivated RVN with previous management experience. The successful candidate will be eager to combine their clinical knowledge and leadership skills within a busy and varied role.
This is a field-based role supporting approximately ten practices in the region. Full UK Drivers Licence is essential – Vehicle or £5k allowance provided.
- Management of clinical staff, undertaking regular practice visits to monitor and discuss branch performance
- Management and planning of regional practice rotas
- Working closely with the Regional Director, Branch Partners and Clinical Operations team regarding management and personnel of your practices
- Clinical governance and performance/quality management
- Dealing with the day-to-day employment issues e.g. sickness, staff welfare
- Working collaboratively with your Recruitment Partner, interviewing nurses and support staff, assist with the induction of new staff, allocating buddies and arranging training
- Processing SVN college applications
- Ensure the practice complies with health and safety legislation as directed by Medivet’s Health & Safety Officer
Skills and Experience
- RVN with experience of managing clinical teams or experienced Practice Manager
- Exceptional communication skills
- Team player, working collaboratively with key stakeholders across the business
- Able to manage your own workload effectively
- Proven experience of delegating tasks, leading and positively influencing teams
- Able to work under pressure
- Full UK Drivers Licence
This role supports our practices in Carterton, Eynsham, 24-Hour Woodstock, Kidlington, North Oxford, East Oxford, Wheatley, Wantage, Faringdon and Abingdon.
Closing date: 29 March 2020