We are seeking an Area Manager for Maternity Cover to support our fantastic Shrewsbury Region. The successful candidate will be responsible for visiting Medivet practices within the region, contributing to the efficient, smooth running of the group.
These branches include; Shrewsbury 24hr Hospital, Sutton Farm, Whitchurch, Wem, Newtown, Oakengates, Shawbirch, Lawley, Newcastle Under Lyme, Stoke-on-Trent and Rochester
Reporting directly to the Regional Director, as Area Manager, you’ll lead the efficient, effective, day-to-day delivery of exceptional care across your practice network. That means working closely with regional leadership teams and practice staff ensuring the delivery of a one team approach.
You will be responsible for hosting frequent practice staff meetings, planning practice rotas and dealing with day-to-day employment activities, including recruitment, onboarding and development.
A culture of care and consistently high service levels are essential in every practice and you’ll enable these by supporting our people at every level, from receptionist to veterinary surgeon, all while upholding the standards of our Investor in People status.
Whether you’re a Vet, Registered Veterinary Nurse or Practice Manager, you’ll have some experience in this area and have successfully led a team. You now want to take your experience to the next level, bringing your eye for detail, organisational and communication skills to work where we’re all focused on delivering the best care possible.
A driving licence and flexible approach to working hours are also essential.
- This is an Operational Leadership and Management position within our Clinical Operations field leadership team requiring regular travel between branches.
- You will be responsible for the daily operational performance of the practices within your area to include close management of practice leadership teams – Lead Vets and Head Nurse.
- You will need to ensure the delivery of excellent clinical standards and care in the practices within your area, striving to achieve Practice Standards accreditation’s across all your clinics.
- You will follow Medivet policies and procedures and ensure they are implemented across your region
- You will work with our Employee Relations team and HR business partners to ensure HR policies and procedures are followed.
- You will line manage Lead Vets and be a part of succession planning for your area.
- You will be responsible for monitoring Head Nurse Accountabilities.
- You will be a brand ambassador, work closely with team and management to ensure brand reputation is always upheld.
- You will be responsible for recruitment in your area alongside your recruitment partner.
Skills and Experience
- Previous veterinary nursing or veterinary practice experience
- Previous people management experience
- Good time management and an ability to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to motivate and influence others
- Exceptional communication skills
- Full UK driving licence
Here, you won’t just be part of the team, you’ll be part of our nationwide family. We’ve built a network of 330 practices with 22 state-of-the-art 24-hour centres that are all home to a family of professionals who provide a high standard of care. You won’t just help to deliver care, you’ll deliver exceptional care for your patients and clients. And you’ll do it all supported by your colleagues and some of the best training and development in the industry.
Closing date: 12 February 2021
For more information and to apply, follow this link…