If you have great organisation and problem-solving skills, love to plan and execute bespoke projects as well helping to support a diverse and inclusive veterinary team, this may be the role for you. Previous experience of supporting the management of a veterinary team is not essential, however professional confidence, impeccable administration skills, effective communication, positivity and a motivating personality are qualities we will prioritise.
You will be responsible for helping to ensure the smooth day-to-day running of the practice, promoting the practice ethos of providing gold standard patient care, clinical excellence and caring, professional customer service. You will be assisting with the administration of the practice and supporting the Practice Manager in delivering the identified business objectives to maximise potential.
What will you do?
- Assist with the day-to-day operation of the practice and delivery of commercial targets.
- Ensure the operation of the in-practice database system (RX Works) producing timely reports and assisting with the management of the appointment booking system in a professional and efficient manner.
- Assist with the provision of rotas, the efficient and optimum allocation of practice resources and the most effective use of practice premises.
- Demonstrate an awareness of financial controls within the practice including assisting with debt control, overseeing the processing of insurance claims, care plans and banking.
- Co-ordinate work experience student placements.
- Coach and support the Reception team.
- Weekly processing of payroll.
- Manage rotas, sickness absence and holiday requests. Maintain absence and holiday records.
- Manage your own diary to achieve all of the above.
- Build a closely aligned working relationship with the Practice Manager through effective communication, establishing a strong collaboration to help champion and uphold the vision of the Joint Venture Partners.
- Ensure our practice ethos of being the friendliest practice in the area permeates all that we do and offer.
This role is full time, working 40 hours per week with inclusion in the Reception weekend rota.
What will you need?
- Exceptional IT and administration skills with strong organisation and great attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills and commercial awareness.
- Enjoyment building relationships with clients, patients, colleagues and the wider team within the Pets at Home Group.
- An unbiased, systematic approach to decision making and problem resolution.
- A passion for developing and coaching colleagues.
- Confidence managing change, relishing taking accountability and ownership within your role.
- Time management skills are a must as the role will involve prioritisation of day to day responsibilities as well as managing ad hoc tasks and emergency situations as they arise.
In return, we offer benefits including 20% discount at the Vet Group, Pets at Home and the Groom Room, access to discounts and cashbacks via our Reward Hub, in-house career development opportunities, pension and holiday allowance.
Location: RG14 2BX