An exciting opportunity has arisen at the Mandeville Veterinary Hospital in Northolt for a full-time assistant to the Regional Management Team. Do you have strong organisational and administrative skills? Are you looking for an opportunity to grow and develop these skills with the support of a large veterinary group? This is a wide, varied, and expanding role offering the opportunity to progress your career in a multidisciplinary environment.
The role provides an integral link between branches and management, liaising with branch vets and staff with regard to booking CPD courses, congresses, regional meetings and branch visits for the Regional Manager, and assisting branches with general queries.
The successful candidate will be providing typographical and clerical support to the Regional Manager and Hospital Manager including:
- taking minutes at Regional Vets meetings
- producing minutes and action points from the Regional Manager’s branch visits
- producing draft letters and templates including complaints
- various weekly/monthly management reports on Excel
- with the support of our dedicated Marketing Manager, the successful regional manager’s assistant will help in the development, implementation, and monitoring of regional marketing campaigns
- identifying suitable events within the region for GVG to have a presence, and be responsible for the organising of large events such as our stand at the local dog rehoming centre fun day and the annual novelty dog show in Chalfont St. Peter, where we already have a large presence at both events every year
The current hours are 8am-4pm Monday to Friday but some flexibility would be ideal.
Are you highly organised and efficient with the ability to develop effective administration and support systems? Do you have excellent interpersonal and communication skills together with the ability to be proactive, show initiative, enthusiasm and have a sound knowledge of Windows-based software (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)? If so, this is the ideal role for you! Previous experience in a veterinary environment would be advantageous but is not essential.
In return, we are offering an excellent salary for the right candidate! Our people are our greatest asset so we look after them with a profession-leading benefits package including increasing holiday allowance, cashback/refunds on many routine medical costs such as dental care, physiotherapy, optician, chiropody fees, etc. plus generous shopping and leisure discounts. The Goddard Veterinary Group sees CPD as an investment in the individual as well as for the practice and is actively encouraged!
Goddard Veterinary Group is a family-run practice and was started in 1952 by Arthur Goddard. His son Philip took over the reins in the late ’90s and remains the practice principal. We are now the largest family-run veterinary practice in the UK and have 44 branches, 3 hospitals, and our own nursing college. We have a great reputation for looking after our staff; over 20% of our team have been with us 10 years or more and we are proud of our many 5-star reviews on Indeed!
For an informal chat and more information on the role, please contact Adrian Hayter on 02085893131 or apply online now!