Do you have strong organisational and administrative skills? Are you looking for an opportunity to grow and develop these skills with the support of a large veterinary group?
Our amazing RM assistant Katie is heading home so we have an exciting opportunity at the Mandeville Veterinary Hospital in Northolt for a full-time assistant to the Regional Management Team. This is a wide, varied and expanding role offering the opportunity to progress your career in a multidisciplinary environment.
The role provides an integral link between branches and management, liaising with branch vets and staff regarding booking CPD courses, congresses, regional meetings, and branch visits for the Regional Manager, and assisting branches with general queries. The successful candidate will be providing typographical and clerical support to the Regional Manager and Hospital Manager including:
- taking minutes at Regional Vets meetings
- producing minutes and action points from the Regional Manager’s branch visits
- producing draft letters and templates including complaints
- producing various weekly/monthly management reports on Excel
- help in the development, implementation, and monitoring of regional marketing campaigns with the support of our dedicated marketing team
- identifying suitable events within the region for Goddard Veterinary Group to have a presence, and be responsible for the organising of large events such as our stand at the local dog rehoming centre fun day and the annual novelty dog show in Chalfont St. Peter, where we already have a large presence at both events every year
This is a full-time role; current hours are 8.30am-5.30pm Monday to Friday but some flexibility would be ideal.
Are you highly organised and efficient with an ability to develop effective administration and support systems? Do you have excellent interpersonal and communication skills together with the ability to be proactive, show initiative, enthusiasm and have a sound knowledge of Windows-based software (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)? If so, this is the ideal role for you! Our ideal candidate would be someone with previous management or administration experience in the veterinary industry looking for a new challenge.
We look after our colleagues with a profession-leading benefits package including increasing holiday allowance, cash back / refunds on many routine medical costs such as dental care, physiotherapy, opticians, chiropody fees etc., employee assistance programme, cycle to work scheme, plus generous staff, shopping and leisure discounts.
Goddard Veterinary Group is a family-run practice and was started in 1952 by Arthur Goddard. His son Philip took over the reins in the late 90’s and remains the practice principal. We are now the largest family-run veterinary practice in the UK and have 44 branches, 3 hospitals and our own nursing college. We have a great reputation for looking after our staff; over 20% of our team have been with us 10 years or more and please take a few minutes to look at as our numerous recent 4 and 5-star reviews on Indeed!
If you are interested in this rewarding role and working with a well-established independent family-run veterinary business and would like to know more, please apply now with a cover letter and CV!
Job Code: RM Assistant Northolt
See the job vacancy page here