Due to continued growth, we have an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Director to join our Operations Team.
We’re looking for an excellent leader who will build strong, positive relationships with a group of designated practices, ideally based within a 2.5 hr radius of Oxfordshire.
You’ll build value by creating a supportive and caring working environment, focusing on exceptional customer service, and driving high clinical standards, which will ultimately deliver strong financial performance.
You will facilitate local networking, support between clinical teams, and promote VetPartners culture and values.
The Business Development Director will be responsible for:
- The line management, coaching and development of the Clinical Directors and other senior management within designated practices and for developing strong, positive relationships with the practice teams
- Ensure positive and healthy culture is maintained and our values are adopted group wide as well as in each practice
- Ensuring local practice teams collaborate for mutual benefit and improvement
- Overseeing the operation and performance of practices within your region acting as a mentor, leader, and provide support to colleagues within practice
- Identifying and implementing opportunities for practice growth and development, working closely with the Central Support Office and cross functional teams to deliver projects and interventions that enhance or improve practice performance
- Assisting practices to create accurate budgets and delivering against key performance indicators with their practice teams
What we’re looking for:
- Ability to mentor and coach aspiring leaders and senior colleagues
- Proven business and people leader, experience in a business environment
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity, and gravitas
- Overall broad clinical knowledge
- Ability to travel when required
- Ability to stay away from home when required
- In-depth understanding of all aspects of UK veterinary industry
- Ability to develop strategy, objectives, and execution
- Well-versed in how business operates with financial acumen
- Confident decision maker, able to consider the bigger picture
- Excellent judgement and analytical skills
- First class interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to inspire and motivate a team
- Relevant business experience, particularly bringing together diverse teams and multi – site management
If you feel you have the skills and experience, we are looking for, we would love to hear from you.
Closing date for applications: 24th March 2023