Blue Cross are one of the UK’s leading animal welfare organisations for animals. We support sick, injured and homeless pets and care for more than 40,000 animals every year through our rehoming, veterinary and education programmes.
What is the role?
In this pivotal and exciting role, you will provide executive support to the Chief Operating Officer (COO) and work closely with the wider Welfare Leadership team to smooth the way for effective and productive operations, communication and engagement across Blue Cross Services and Public Affairs.
We are looking for an experienced executive assistant who can work under pressure and handle sensitive information with the utmost discretion.
With brilliant interpersonal and analytical skills you will have your finger on the pulse of issues impacting the teams, adept at turning data and information into professional briefs and reports and where needed able to provide coordination support on key strategic projects sponsored by the COO.
If you excel in an environment where you can see the difference you make every day, then this is the role for you. Interested? Then apply and let’s work together to see if this is the role for you.
We are currently trialling hybrid working, where you would work 1-2 from the office and the other days could be home-based. Occasional travel to some other sites may also be required.
Want to know more the detail? Great! We have attached the job description which hopefully gives you everything you need.
What is required?
We are looking for people with the following:
• Experience of writing, proof reading and collating material into papers which are clear and concise
• Experience of supporting committees, senior meetings – planning agendas, collating papers and ensuring actions are recorded and followed up
• Exceptional organisational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritise and complete a range of tasks simultaneously within agreed deadlines
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interpret and disseminate information effectively across the directorate
• Experience of line management to ensure that direct reports add value to the team
• Demonstrable experience support working at senior level
• Ability to analyse and compile a large amount of data and come up with conclusive results
It would also be great if you had:
• Experience of working in a cross operational and or Public Affairs environment for a charity/not for profit organisation
• Project coordination experience
To read more about the benefits Blue Cross has to offer, please visit the ‘why work for us’ page on our website.
To apply for this role, all candidates must complete the online application process. The recruitment process will consist of a competency-based interview and a task on week commencing 8th August 2022.
Salary: £29,000 – £38,418 plus £3,954 London Weighting Allowance per annum
Closing Date: 18th July 2022
Interview Dates: Week commencing 8th August 2022
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response.
At Blue Cross we are passionate about our commitment to diversity, inclusion and removing barriers, should you like to discuss any reasonable adjustments or changes to our recruitment process to support you to be your best then please get in touch. You can get in touch with us either via email at email@example.com, via telephone on 01993 825515 or if you would prefer a video call then we can arrange this using Microsoft Teams.
Blue Cross holds inclusion as a core organisational value. We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified, experienced and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status or pregnancy and maternity. We actively embrace our differences and know that it is our differences that make us unique. You are very welcome at Blue Cross, without the need to hide any part of who you are.