Established in 1897, Blue Cross has grown to be one of the largest and best loved pet welfare charities in the country. They provide a uniquely wide and holistic service including veterinary care, rehoming, behaviour, education and comprehensive advice and support for pet owners. Blue Cross is a powerful advocate for pet welfare at Westminster, the devolved assemblies and the EU.
The Blue Cross strategy is bold and exciting and will see them make a substantial impact on the welfare of pets, in the United Kingdom, over the next three years to 2023. Building on their national footprint and strong reputation, they will be placing a greater emphasis on the relationship between pets and people by significantly expanding their education and public affairs work and configuring the organisation, so they are delivering in more agile and more digitally enabled ways.
This is an exceptional opportunity to work closely with a credible and impressive board, to deliver the charity’s strategy and to refine and implement business plans, ensuring that Blue Cross effectively meets its charitable objectives of helping more pets.
Blue Cross are looking for a visionary, collaborative and experienced leader who will take the charity and its people forward through delivering sector leading strategies. They need an individual who can command respect across the pet sector and act as a powerful advocate for their charitable purpose. You should also be:
- Passionate about animals and pets, understanding the value they have in society and have a genuine interest in animal welfare issues.
- An authentic and empowering leader who is able to inspire and communicate effectively at all levels across the organisation.
- An innovative and creative lateral thinker who creates an atmosphere for innovation and imaginative new programmes.
- An inspirational communicator and presenter, who will be a passionate ambassador for Blue Cross and act as a media spokesperson.
- Non-judgemental, respecting the needs and views of others. A champion of equality, diversity and inclusion.