Due to retirement, we have an amazing opportunity for a Chief Operating Officer (COO) to join our wonderful animal charity based in the Cotswolds. The COO will be working closely with the Board, CEO and Executive Team (ET) to develop and implement the Blue Cross strategic vision, by planning, integrating and delivering our services and public affairs.
Permanent, full time
Job Ref : 201102 COO
Blue Cross are one of the UK’s leading rehoming organisations for animals. We support sick, injured and homeless pets and care for more than 40,000 animals every year through our rehoming, veterinary and education programmes.
What is the role?
You should be a forward thinking, innovative strategic leader with experience scaling an organisation to develop and implement growth strategies; specifically, to champion and oversee the Blue Cross ambition to deliver national awareness, delivery and income for services.
As a member of ET, you will provide strong leadership and direction across all internal service functions and specifically around the direction and development of our four key future services – Clinical, Rehoming, Behaviour and Advice.
This is an incredibly exciting time for the charity so if you are looking to join an organisation whose goal is to put people at the heart of all that we do, in an inclusive way, then we want to hear from you.
Do you feel inspired to join us changing pet’s lives? We have attached the job description and if this sounds like you then we would love to receive your application.
What is required?
We are looking for people with the following:
• Proven experience as Chief Operating Officer or relevant senior role developing and leading large national teams
• Experience of working with committees and boards
• Membership of a relevant professional body
• Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and project management
• Significant experience of delivering organisational change
• Demonstrable experience of building relationships with diverse internal and external stakeholders
It would also be great if you had:
• Knowledge and understanding of the not-for-profit sector and working with elected boards
• Proven animal welfare experience
• Understanding of key animal welfare issues, policy and legislation
• Public affairs qualification
• Strong IT skills with an awareness of different platforms and ability to implement digital initiatives
• Experience of working with volunteers with an understanding of their needs
• Public affairs/media experience
To apply for this role, all candidates must complete the online application process.
Salary: £95,000 per annum plus £5,000 car allowance
Closing Date: 19 November 2020
First stage interviews: 30 November to 4 December
Second stage interviews: 17 to 18 December
To read more about the benefits Blue Cross has to offer, please click on the ‘What We Offer’ tab or paste the following into your browser: https://jobs.bluecross.org.uk/BlueCross/Benefits
Blue Cross holds inclusion as a core organisational value. We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified, experienced and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status or pregnancy and maternity. We actively embrace our differences and know that it is our differences that make us unique. You are very welcome at Blue Cross, without the need to hide any part of who you are.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response.
Covid-19 Statement: “We are committed to our candidate’s recruitment and onboarding experience; this means the hiring (and potentially onboarding) for this role will be done completely remotely. We will work with our candidates to make this process as smooth and accessible as possible.”