Surgery Information/Job Description
If you pride yourself on your professional service and organisational skills, we have just the opportunity for you at our Farnborough Vets4Pets practice.
What your typical day will look like:
Your main focus will be to organise reception with emphasis on providing a professional service to all clients and their pets, as well as assisting the surgery with the day to day administration of the practice and driving the practice forward.
Your great service during a client’s visit will make sure that their absolute satisfaction is given, and that the client leaves knowing that they have received exceptional service and look forward to their next visit. You will greet each client and offer support, guidance and expertise, managing payments and future bookings confidently.
The practice is extremely fortunate to have a friendly and dedicated team who work hard to provide excellent care to clients and their pets. Your role will play a key part in identifying new ways of working and supporting the practice and the team.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Management of all surgery administration to include operation of the in-practice database system producing reports, surgery rotas and mail-shots.
- Manage and deal with appointment bookings in a professional and efficient manner.
- Maintain product knowledge and be able to advise where necessary.
- Preparation of paperwork and confirmation of the procedure when admitting an animal to the practice.
- Working with other members of the tem to ensure that the reception areas of the practice are well maintained.
- Show an awareness of financial controls within the practice.
- Lead the team and deal with all concerns regarding performance, conduct and absence.
- Managing payment of client accounts and ensuring accuracy of billing.
- Working in collaboration with our In Store Pets at Home colleagues.
- Planning and conducting regular colleague meetings and ensuring business weekly updates are communicated to the full team.
This is a full time role, offering 40 hours per week (including 1 in 3 weekends), offering a competitive salary of up to £21,000.
To succeed in this role, you will need to demonstrate:
- Previous experience in a client services role including team leadership responsibility
- Previous Veterinary experience is preferable but not essential
- Administrative and organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong focus on delivering exceptional customer service
In return, we offer such benefits as 20% discount at the Vet Group, Pets at Home and the Groom Room, access to discounts and cashbacks, in-house career development opportunities, pension and holiday allowance.
We are an equal opportunities employer.