We’re a community of passionate veterinary professionals committed to providing truly exceptional care. We’re set on building something extraordinary: creating the most forward-thinking and innovative place in the veterinary industry.
We’re always looking for people who aspire to stand out in their field, and it’s this vision and enthusiasm that forms the foundation of how we work.
Our mission to deliver progressive, around the clock care means our employees have the very best equipment and treatment options available, including in-house MRI machines and state-of-the-art operating theatres.
We provide ongoing support to our teams, both in practice and through our dedicated training centre. This empowers you to get the very best from our advanced equipment while being on your journey to veterinary excellence.
A brand-new role has arisen within Medivet for a Clinical Director to manage and support our Faygate practice.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious veterinary surgeon with extensive clinical experience who is seeking to take their next career step. The ideal candidate will have the ability to deliver outstanding care and service and strengthen the relationship between the branches and the wider Medivet community.
The position covers 40 hours a week over 4 days. There are also 1 in 3 Saturdays included in this shift pattern, to ensure continual management oversight of the practice.
Salary and Benefits:
- A very competitive package of up to £66,500 per annum (depending on experience), which includes accommodation allowance and a vehicle or vehicle allowance
- A practice profit based commission package
- £1,500 CPD allowance with 3 days CPD leave, and in-house CPD training
- VDS, RCVS, BVA fees paid
- 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays
- Fantastic career progression and partnership opportunities
- Colleague of the month awards, Hills staff feeding schemes, plus many more benefits available
Roles and responsibilities include, but not exclusively:
- Management of a team of vets, including performance management, succession planning and CPD plans.
- Working alongside the regional teams to plan an efficient rota.
- Maintaining high clinical standards.
- Review of profit and loss accounts alongside the regional team and using intuition to highlight areas where savings and opportunities are clear.
- Investigation and management of complaints.
- Identifying business opportunities for practice growth.
- Identifying ways in which the clinic can improve and acting upon these in a cost efficient way.
- Working alongside the head nurse to ensure that the nursing team is running in the most efficient and appropriate way.
- Liaising closely with the regional team to ensure correct implementation of Medivet policies and procedures.
- Building relationships between all staff and the local 24 hour hospital to encourage implementation of the “Medivet Model”.
- Ensuring a client and patient-care focussed culture exists within the practice.
Skills and Experience
- An experienced vet (5 years UK experience) who is able to perform most standard emergency surgeries and manage complex medical cases.
- A good leader who is excited by the opportunity of developing other veterinary surgeons, new graduates and a nursing team.
- An individual who is excited by the prospect of a challenge and is keen to use their skills to advance the practice and the team.
- An organised individual who is confident in using computer programmes such as Word, Outlook, Excel and Teams.
- An individual who demonstrates initiative and business acumen.
- It would be desirable that the individual has managed teams before.
Medivet 24 Hour Faygate sees an interesting, busy and varied caseload. The hospital offers a range of services from routine general practice work to hydrotherapy, specialist treatment of exotic patients, an orthopaedic service, laparoscopy and advanced imaging. The team is made up of vets with different areas of interest, many of whom are certificate holders, or are studying towards one, these include: medicine, cardiology, exotics and imaging. The spacious hospital is well equipped with separate dog, cat and exotic wards, hydrotherapy pool, cold laser, laparoscopic surgical equipment, ultrasound, CT and endoscopy.
The practice is located a 16-minute drive from Gatwick and is also a short distance from the rail links to London. The successful candidate will be joining a large team of 9 vets and 25 support staff which hold a variety of certificates and specialities including exotics, internal medicine, oncology, cardiology, radiology, rehabilitation, surgery, ultrasound. The practice also has PSS and ESC hospital awards.