Are you a current leader in the veterinary industry looking for a fresh challenge or a Veterinary Surgeon with a vision of what the ideal practice would be like?
If you are a Vet, are you wanting to decrease clinical hours, but still keep practical skills honed? Happy team? Varied caseload? Freedom and support resources to work up cases? More surgery or more medicine? All of the above? None of the above?
This is your chance to take the leap beyond of being just a vet, discover what you are capable of, and show the veterinary world what the ideal practice and team would look like!
Now that we have finished teaching our previous leader, the guilt of hogging the good life with us has prompted them to take the next step in their career, so our Crooks family is looking for our new leader to work with the team. We have a very diverse team, in experience, personalities, nationalities and sense of humour. The individual in question would have to be a passionate, forward thinking team player, with a good sense of humour and the ability to laugh at themselves.
We are a busy two site, forward thinking and multi-vet small animal practice in South Yorkshire. The practice benefits from support internally, as well as from neighbouring CVS referral practices. No OOH’s. One of the biggest assets would be the support from VetOracle, free online specialist advice, combined with the practices’ generous diary allowing actual time for case work ups for the Vet team.
As practice leader, you will be responsible for leadership and staff development, maintaining our high standards of client and patient care and identifying ways in which we can improve. You will provide support, leadership and management to the practice on a day-to-day basis. You will liaise closely with the Regional Director to ensure the practice continues to deliver outstanding service to our clients and patients……This might sound all-encompassing and daunting, however do not fear and do not let that put you off – you are never alone! To support you in your role, regardless of lots or almost no official previous leadership experience, you have:
- As much as needed close support from the Regional Director
- Daily close support from Practice Manager, Head Nurse, Head Receptionist and the rest of the team – we all look after each other
- The internal (Hub Clinical Leads) and external support functions do cover a fair amount of the clinical support for the vet team, allowing you to focus on important areas rather than all areas
- Encouragement to enrol onto our Training Qualifications UK endorsed management and leadership course, designed specifically to support of our colleagues by giving you the foundations to build your management career upon
- Monthly management, regional and one-to-one meetings
They must be exaggerating? No. Please feel free to request an informal chat with the Regional Director, Neil Hodgetts
Most practices would flaunt the close proximity as a main reason to move to this area, we feel the practice and this position is the best reason, and the sheer awesomeness of the Peak District is just an added bonus that speaks for itself…ok, a few quick words: a hiking, camping and rock-climbing mecca of the UK.
The position will offer:
- Attractive salary up to £80k depending on experience and qualifications
- No OOH’s
- Flexible working pattern
- 4 day long weekend off (Friday, Saturday, Sunday & Monday) every 3 weeks
- Standard 5 weeks annual leave plus Bank Holidays, with the option to purchase an additional 2 weeks per year
- Receive an extra days leave each year in your first 5 years at CVS
- Generous relocation package
- Visa sponsorship available (must be eligible to register with RCVS)
- 5 days CPD and £1000 CPD budget a year
- Certificate/further career and skill development encouraged, certificate funding available, supported by visiting certificate holders or option to visit other advanced CVS practices (post COVID)
- Growing multi-Vet practices with a team orientated environment with regular meetings to provide clinical support, discuss cases and clinical governance
- Access to modern equipment, including digital x-ray, ultrasound, in house blood machines and soon to include dental radiography
- Private healthcare
- Access to Mental Health and wellbeing champions, over 300 across CVS
- Recommend a Friend scheme
- Enhanced maternity pay consisting of 10 weeks full pay and 10 weeks at 50% pay with no claw back, as well as enhanced paternity & adoption pay
To submit an online application for this fantastic opportunity, please click Apply Now and upload your CV.