Here at Colne Vets4Pets we are looking for a Clinical Practice Manager/Head Nurse to join our forward thinking, fast paced practice on a full or part time basis. We are the reputable veterinary provider of choice for our community, a place we are proud to work, where we support each other to progress as individuals and as a practice, and to exceed expectations in our provision of quality veterinary care. We may be part of a corporate, but we keep our independent spirit that makes us different, and better.
Colne is a town in rural surroundings, situated at the base of Pennines, with Dales and Lakes easily accessible. Commutable for Manchester, Blackburn, Preston areas – local train station 1/4 mile away and 1/4 mile from M65.
• Main purpose of job – organisation of the whole team of 4 Vets, 3 RVN, 2 SVN’s, 3 VCA’s and 3 CCA’s and a practice administrator, to manage the day-to-day duties. Emphasis on smooth running, optimising workflow, to ensure the best standard of patient care.
• Line manager for the nursing and non-clinical teams who drives the team to consistently perform at their highest ability.
• Holding monthly meetings and individual appraisals as appropriate. Encourage ongoing development and areas of suggested improvement with both individuals and the practice.
• Manage and comply with Health & Safety Regulations and local policy at the surgery. Work with the JVP to improve protocols where necessary and deliver training for implementation of best practice.
• Customer Service. Being able to understand and anticipate the customer’s needs, to support provision of high-quality professional service to clients.
• Support the JVP with awareness of financial control and business development to maximise turnover and profitability of the practice.
• Nursing role model within the practice, working alongside students to assist teaching of clinical skills, supervise and evaluate progress throughout their course and support the clinical coaches.
This role is full or part time working 30-40 hours per week with a mix of clinical and technical roles with no OOH’s and a salary in the region of 30-35K pro rata, which is dependent on experience. There would be requirement for intermittent cover on a Saturday.
• Effective communication – Letters, verbal, reports, meetings, briefings and complaints
• Personal development- Clear planning, commitment, and motivation to achieve personal development for yourself and others.
• Professional Confidence- belief in own ability, providing an opinion or advice when necessary
• Organisation and Decision Making- Take an unbiased, systematic approach to arriving at an appropriate plan of action
• Leadership and change management- providing inspiration, vision and direction. Encourage and support others to develop confidence, able to mobilise others to identify and implement desired changes.
What we can offer to you:
• Contributory pension scheme
• Generous CPD allowance and support provided
• Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS, etc.)
• Exclusive company discounts and rewards including 20% off at Vets4Pets, Pets at Home and the Groom Room
Full or Part Time- Salary up to £35k
For further information, please feel free to contact email@example.com or call the surgery on 01282 857730 for a chat.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
Location: BB8 8LU