Course Administrator Vacancy
We’re looking for a super-organised, friendly and professional Course Administrator to join the VMG Learning & Development team as we continue to grow.
Reporting to the Learning & Development Manager (LDM), the purpose of this role is to support the administration and delivery of VMG’s learning and development activities, including VMG/ILM qualifications and CPD.
Specifically, the Course Administrator will be responsible for:
- Providing professional administrative support for all VMG educational activities
- Maintaining participant records, attendance, assessment and completion records
- Processing applications and enrolling new participants
- Handling enquiries from participants, potential participants and employers relating to VMG courses
- Administering our assessment workflow for marking, moderation, verification and publication of results
- Attending relevant sector events and acting as a positive ambassador for VMG
- Preparing relevant documentation and reports for inspection by our accrediting body
- Ensure that marketing materials are kept up-to-date
- Engaging in personal and professional development as appropriate to your role
What we’re looking for:
You will need to be:
- Capable of carrying out the required responsibilities on your own initiative
- Set up to work remotely, and confident in the use of MS Office programmes
- A problem-solver; cheerful, helpful and professional via phone and email as a first-contact voice of VMG
- Meticulously organised to cope with several communication streams, detailed data, and fixed deadlines; and to make sure we can all get what we need to do done, with everyone in the right place at the right time with the right information
- Able to follow-up on actions, gain commitment from busy people, and take responsibility for ensuring tasks are completed both on time and to a high standard
- Enthusiastic about your own professional development and supporting that of others
- A positive advocate for VMG, and able to travel to attend meetings, CPD and conferences in a professional capacity
You might also have one or more of:
- Experience in the veterinary sector or with an education/training organisation
- Technical skills in learner management systems, video editing, media management or web development (bonus points for Moodle, WordPress, Canva, or ShotCut/YouTube Studio)
- A project management, business administration or PA qualification
- ‘Front desk’ experience of dealing with first-line public, media, client or member queries
- Creative, artistic or design skills
We recognise that some very capable people may not have the exact requirements listed above and we are looking for someone to complement our existing skillset. You are encouraged to apply if you feel that you can demonstrate the potential to contribute to VMG’s future success.
What else do you need to know?
- Hours are three days/21 hours per week. We are a remote-first organisation and flexible working is actively encouraged. You will need to maintain some core working hours as the first contact for learner enquiries and, as a small team, we happily cover phone/email-answering for each other on occasion.
- Pay will start at £12/hour with good progression potential for those who can make additional contributions to VMG’s success.
- We also offer 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (pro-rata)
- We’ll encourage your personal and professional development with funded CPD and positive management.
To apply, please send your CV (a maximum of two pages) and outline how you best fit what we’re looking for in the body of your email to email@example.com. If you would like an informal chat about the role, Hannah (Learning & Development Manager) would be very happy to hear from you: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please ensure your application reaches us by Friday 28th April 2023.