Are you experienced in Data Protection?
Do you want to join a dynamic AIM listed Company?
At CVS Group we are one of the largest integrated veterinary groups in Europe with a turnover in excess of £400M, over 500 veterinary practice sites across the UK, Ireland and the Netherlands and 6500 employees. Alongside veterinary practices, we also operate pet crematoria, laboratories, a distribution centre, an online business and buying groups.
Due to continued growth we now have a new and exciting opportunity available for a Data Protection Officer to join our business.
As our Data Protection Officer (DPO) you will be responsible for overseeing CVS Group’s data compliance programme, data privacy, and in particular ensuring obligations are met under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018.
Main responsibilities and tasks to include:
- Manage the group’s compliance programme for data protection
- Support and advise the business on all matters related to data protection
- Create and maintain appropriate data protection policies and procedures
- Design and implement data protection audits across sites to include visiting sites to conduct audits
- Carry out a programme of awareness raising and training to all sites to deliver compliance and foster a data privacy culture within the group
- Operate as the primary contact point for the ICO and lead a data incident response and data breach notification procedure
- Advise and support on data protection impact assessments, data sharing agreements and other activities
- Lead on specific work programmes and projects which relate to data management and protection
- Help build and foster strong relationships across the organisation and with external parties
Skills and experience required:
- Excellent understanding and interpretation of data protection issues and other regulation legislation (including GDPR, DPA 2018, BS10008, ISO27001) and an ability to articulate their practical implications
- Able to present complex technical, legislative and regulatory concepts for a wide range of audiences to a high standard, including responding sensitively and diplomatically to data requests and assisting others in their responses
- Excellent knowledge or a willingness to learn data protection regulations/legislation
- A willingness to study and work towards data protection qualifications, if not already attained
- Great communication skills at all levels of the business including written, verbal and presentation skills
- Ability to make good judgements regarding data protection and privacy risks
- Analytical and investigative skills in order to identify areas of non-compliance to determine root causes, key risks and challenges of the group’s businesses. Propose changes and identify opportunities
- Sound skills in leading, persuading and influencing attitudes and behaviours
- Adaptable in absorbing, interpreting and applying new information
- Strong team working skills
- Good commercial awareness
- Project management skills
- Adaptable within a changing environment and can work effectively with multiple stakeholders from a wide business background
- Ability to create and embed compliance training strategies into businesses
Are you interested in joining our team?
If so, please click “Apply Now” and we will be in contact with you shortly.