We are currently recruiting the Director of Rehoming and Fostering Services to drive the future shape and direction of our rehoming activity. The environment in which we operate is changing and exciting new opportunities such as technological change offer us many innovative opportunities to support the pets and owners requiring our help.
You will be responsible for developing and working alongside an effective rehoming team to shape the future of Blue Cross rehoming services ensuring effective engagement throughout. Additionally and critically, you will ensure the continuity of service delivery alongside other directorates and that business plans align. You will need to represent Blue Cross at the highest level both within and without the charity and ensure we remain at the forefront of delivery of services and innovation in order to get the job done; and help as many pets as possible keeping our ‘share of voice’ high.
Standard hours are 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm. Due to the nature of the work of Blue Cross and this post in particular, it may be necessary to exceed these hours if the work load demands.
Our offices are located at Burford and there will also be some travel. Therefore a full driving licence is essential.
Want to know more? We have attached the job description which will provide you with more detailed information. To apply for this role, all candidates must complete the online application process.
What is required?
• The role of Director of Rehoming Services requires an experienced, ambitious and results-orientated leader, with an impressive track record of service delivery activity within the not-for-profit or commercial sectors
• Significant experience of strategic planning, budgetary control, people management, technological innovation and leadership is required. The post holder will have previously operated at a senior level, contributing on a corporate as well as directorate level
• Able to work both supportively and effectively in order to engage with people to encourage and embed a culture of working that both empowers and enables autonomy with responsibility
• Substantial senior management experience, which has included evaluating and improving organisational performance and planning, implementing and managing at high level
• A considerable track record of successfully running a function at a senior level including developing and implementing plans, policies and budgets
• Substantial experience of establishing procedures for monitoring progress against plans and objectives and for ensuring best use of financial and other resources.
• Extensive experience of leading and managing a broad-based team in a complex organisation both paid and volunteer; to include for their ongoing development
• Demonstrable experience of building alliances and maintaining effective relationships both internally and externally. This should include high level contract negotiation and partnership working across a range of sectors
• Experience of working with committees and boards of trustees
To read more about the benefits Blue Cross has to offer, please click on the ‘What We Offer’ tab or paste the following into your browser: https://jobs.bluecross.org.uk/BlueCross/Benefits
Please be aware that due to the current circumstances with COVID19, interviews will be held via virtually.
Salary: circa £80k per annum
Closing Date: 7th May 2021
Blue Cross holds inclusion as a core organisational value. We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified, experienced and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status or pregnancy and maternity. We actively embrace our differences and know that it is our differences that make us unique. You are very welcome at Blue Cross, without the need to hide any part of who you are.
For more information and to apply, follow this link…