This role exists to lead sustainability across the Mars Veterinary Health (MVH) enterprise, across all functions, business units and regions, to ensure the division (MVH) delivers our people, pets, and planet goals and policies, in order to protect our Freedom To Operate, deliver on our Purpose, and create value with Associates, clients and the veterinary industry in general.
The jobholder will pioneer implementing sustainability across MVH.
Base is Open/Remote
- Accountable for the delivery of Mars Veterinary Health sustainability roadmap and Mars Sustainability policies across all business units and functions.
- Lead teams across business units to ensure that our planet pillar (responsible pharmaceutical stewardship,
- Climate Change Mitigation & Resilience, and Waste Reduction Across the Value Chain) is implemented
- according to the set timeframe.
- Directly advise the MVH leadership team on policy, strategy, program performance, and resource allocation, through a variety of governance forums including MVH Leadership Team and MVH Global Sustainability Steering Team. Furthermore, directly represent MVH with the Mars / Mars Petcare forums on sustainability matters.
- Create a culture for sustainability across MVH and drive meaningful communication across the business and externally.
- Lead the sustainability reporting initiatives across MVH giving visibility on progress to internal and external stakeholders as appropriate.
- Serve as the primary external spokesperson on sustainability for MVH at speaking events globally, with a focus on sustainability in order to drive multi-stakeholder collaboration and company’s reputation.
- Develop and lead partnerships directly with our major global suppliers, NGOs, trade organizations in order to drive our sustainability roadmap and create thought leadership in the industry.
- Partner with the cross-division and Mars Petcare sustainability group collaborating where matters and driving synergies.
Education & Professional Qualification
Minimum: At least Degree level in veterinary medicine, ecology, engineering, business, or communication.
Preferred: Because we are implementing the function, we prefer an internal candidate from one of MVH’s practices, preferably a seasoned veterinary professional, with high business acumen on the veterinary industry that can lead the area across MVH.
- Ability to influence others, at all levels, without direct authority
- Ability to serve effectively as part of a high-performing global Corporate Affairs and Sustainability leadership team.
- Experience leading change within an organization, particularly working with Commercial and Medical Affairs
- Highly effective collaborator and networker – able to build and manage complex relationships internally and externally
- Outstanding communication skills with ability to represent MVH to a wide range of external stakeholders
- Excellent manager of a global, virtual team, with a strong focus on people development.
- High standards of ethics, integrity, and professionalism
- Ability to travel globally on business up to 40% of time
Job Number: BAN001E6
For more information and to apply, follow this link…
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Mars Veterinary Health (MVH)® strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. MVH is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. MVH complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every MVH location.