Your role and responsibilities
- Bring to life and execute a Linnaeus mental health & wellbeing social work strategy and ensure each region has the correct Associate support by working collaboratively and proactively with HR Business Partners, Medical, Nursing and Operations, ensuring each region has a clear plan of support in order to access social work support when identified as necessary.
- Investigate other models of social work support used within the Mars Veterinary Health group and elsewhere to establish a network of social work support, for example installing and supporting Wellness Ambassadors in each of our business units.
- Collaborate with central support teams to ensure that the social work strategy is incorporated across the group and assist with the education of our Associates on how to promote wellness.
- Champion the role of the mental health first aiders across our business and support them in their work.
- Lead and develop the wellbeing working group to promote key monthly wellbeing initiatives, arranging events/speakers and promoting resources to the group.
- Work with our HR Business Partners to support individual Associates when appropriate and retrospectively learn from our interventions when appropriate.
- Develop & administer the annual mental health and wellbeing training & education programmes, guidance and policies. Ensure there are enough MHFAs across the group.
- Be a key point of contact for crisis situations providing guidance, support & solutions.
- Provide guidance & wellbeing support as needed.
We would love to hear from you if you hold a relevant qualification in Social Work, Occupational Psychology or the equivalent with an energetic, organised and collaborative approach.
You will have experience of working within a medium to large organisation and playing a role in bringing about organisational change relating to social care.
A deep understanding of the effects of mental health issues in the workplace and the steps that can proactively be taken to improve them.
It would be an advantage to have experience from a veterinary or human health care background but not essential as the priority for this role is the expertise and knowledge of launching a significant social care initiative within a large organisation, creating a better world for our people and ultimately a better world for pets!
- 5 weeks holiday plus bank holidays and Birthday Leave
- Career progression opportunities
- Staff discount schemes
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced sickness pay
- Enhanced equal family leave
- E-car salary sacrifice scheme
- Employer contribution pension scheme
- Wellness program including:
- Employee assistance program
- Eyecare voucher scheme
- Free annual Flu jab
- Cycle to work scheme
- Recruitment referral reward scheme
At Linnaeus, we are committed to supporting the physical and mental health of all our Associates. We have an amazing team of Mental Health First Aiders (MHFA) across our practices and central support office in addition to a confidential Employee Assistance Programme which is available for everyone.
Linnaeus is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, we are committed to fostering a culture that is inclusive and diverse for all our associates.
Linnaeus Group is a vibrant, forward-thinking partnership of highly respected veterinary practices across the UK, comprising some of the best clinicians in the profession. It is also part of the international Mars Veterinary Health Group.
Linnaeus invest in quality practices who put patient care at the heart of everything they do. We are incredibly proud of each and every member of our diverse portfolio, from the UK’s most respected small animal referral centres to our selection of high quality primary care practices.
With a full wellbeing agenda in place and over 150 Mental Health First Aiders trained within the business and through our HR network to manage acute mental health crises when they occur, we already have a solid foundation in place to support our associates mental health and wellbeing. Investment into these topics is a key objective for Linnaeus and this brand-new role for a qualified Social Worker provides you with the opportunity to establish proactive processes to continue to drive forwards wellness within the organisation.
Reporting directly to the People and Organisation (P&O) Director, this role will oversee and direct the development of a social care programme within the organisation. Working as an integral part of the senior leadership team the Group Mental Health & Wellbeing Social Worker will be responsible for developing and embedding a programme to enhance the wellness of our Associates, and when appropriate, directly supporting them in the management of mental health issues when they occur.
Part of an amazing global family
Being part of this amazing global group gives us the benefit of a huge network of experts and specialists, a future we can invest in and the security that allows us to concentrate on what we do best – caring for pets. We are proud to count some of the finest specialists, veterinary surgeons and nurses in the UK among our team. Being part of the Mars family of businesses provides huge development opportunities across the group for our Associates.
The future of the veterinary world is at the heart of everything we do. We are all individual but two important things bring us together: a commitment to excellence and our passion to make A BETTER WORLD FOR PETS.
Linnaeus is owned by Mars, that makes us part of their 70,000 Veterinary Health Associates who spend their days thinking about the 400 million pets of the world and how to improve their lives. Being part of this amazing global group gives us the benefit of a huge network of experts and specialists, a future we can invest in and the security that allows us to concentrate on what we do best – caring for pets.
Our Associates are fundamental to our success and we are proud to count some of the finest specialists, veterinary surgeons and nurses in the UK among our team.
Being part of the Mars family of businesses provides huge development opportunities across the group for our Associates.
Linnaeus is an equal-opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, we are committed to fostering a culture that is inclusive and diverse for all our associates.
If you would like to apply for this role, please click the Apply Button or for more information, please feel free to reach out directly to our Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org