Do you want to join a growing, dynamic and fast paced AIM listed Company?
Do you thrive on challenges and enjoy leading a team to achieve further success?
Due to internal promotion we are now looking for an experienced finance professional to join our business in the role of Head of Finance based at the CVS Support Office in Diss, Norfolk.
Reporting to the Finance Director, you will provide strong and professional leadership of the Finance team to deliver excellent and cost effective financial services. You’ll deliver a strong environment of internal financial control and provide timely and informative business data that enables effective decision making. You will also be responsible to streamline and modernise the Finance Department and help manage the company at a senior level to enhance its profitability and growth.
In addition to the above, you will also be a strong communicator with a passion for your team and driving the department and business forward together.
Duties and responsibilities to include:
- Managing financial reporting and financial transaction teams that deliver high quality and cost effective services
- Assessing financial performance and providing supportingcommentary that provides meaningful insight to the group’s overall financial position, management of risk and commercial decision making
- Leading the finance team in the production of the annual budget to ensure compliance with medium term financial strategies together with ensuring each operating segment provides relevant and accurate budgets which are then adhered to throughout the year
- Leading on projects to deliver continuousimprovement, including systems, processes and managementinformation, to deliver an efficient and effective service to internal and external customers
- Advising Senior Management and the Executive Team where required on any developments within financial reporting standards and other regulatory changes
- Leading the Technical committee in ensuring the Group is fully compliant with changes in financial reporting requirements, ensuring appropriate technical papers are documented for audit and internal purposes
- Ensuring strong financial control across the Group and that all reconciliations and related financial controls are completed in a timely manner
- Ensuring the Finance team supportdivisional leaders with financial consideration of business developmentopportunities, helping to identify these opportunities and providing support to deliver them
- Deputising for Director of Finance as required
- Ensuring timeliness and accuracy of monthly management accounts, aiming to reduce the monthly reporting timetable to provide more timely and relevant information
- Assessing financial performance and providing meaningful insight to the company’s overall financial position, management of risk, commercial decision making and investments
- Providing leadership and support to help developing the finance team to their full potential by providing guidance for our future leaders
- To provide support to and manage external audit requirements, with assistance from the Financial Accounts team
- Supporting Debtor and Creditor control, ensuring payment terms are agreed and followed
- To review the process for reforecasting for monthly, quarterly and annual results
- Allocating resources and manage cash flows for the business to identify the best investment opportunities for the company
- Developing secure procedures to maintain confidentialinformation and support the business in implementing and maintaining a central system
Key skills & experience required:
- To be a fully qualified Accountant (ACCA/ACA)
- Proven track record in managing a large finance team
- Sets high professional standards and can support and motivate staff to deliver results
- Strong technical knowledge of IFRS
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting models
In return we offer:
- Up to 7 weeks annual leave with our buy/sell holiday scheme
- Access to the CVS sharesave scheme
- Discounted pet treatment and products
- Access to Perkbox