Are you interested in a role where you make a real difference to the welfare of pets every day? If the answer is yes, then keep reading. We have an amazing opportunity for a Head of Strategic Volunteering to join our wonderful animal charity based in the beautiful Cotswolds.
As Head of Strategic Volunteering you will be responsible for developing and shaping the volunteering experience at Blue Cross, in line with our exciting and as we don’t do things by halves, pretty ambitious strategy. Understanding the needs of our fantastic volunteers and developing plans, which not only provide them with a great experience but also maximise the value they add will be a key focus of this role.
Simply speaking, we couldn’t achieve what we do without our volunteers, so you will be a strategic thinker, looking to develop sustainable volunteering solutions which support our strategic, culture and people plans. With such ambitious plans, we need to recruit and retain the best volunteers so your strong background in volunteering management will allow you to be outstanding at attracting, supporting and retaining volunteers.
This is a great opportunity to make a real difference to the way our volunteers add value in Blue Cross so you will need to be an inspiring leader with a proven track record of leading people and teams through change. This is also a highly visible role and as a member of the senior leadership team, the charity will look to you to play a pivotal role in shaping and implementing the direction of our people agenda.
People will look to you to provide calm in times of change, inspire them if them if they in doubt and provide confidence if they are unsure and that takes a certain type of person – this is the type of person we are looking for. You won’t be on your own, you will be working closely and collaboratively with other teams not only within the People and Development function but also in the Senior Leadership Team.
So, if you are looking to join a charity whose goal is to put people at the heart of all that we do, and to make a real difference to the lives of pets and our amazing volunteers, then we want to hear from you.
What is required?
We are looking for people with the following:
• Proven experience of developing and leading a strategic volunteering function at a senior level
• An excellent working knowledge of volunteering best practice management, development and policy.
• Knowledge and understanding of current volunteering issues within the third sector.
• Demonstrable record of achievement of strong leadership, including managing teams, strong coaching and communication skills.
• Significant experience of leading projects and managing change.
• Experience and knowledge of safeguarding and how to develop and implement an effective safeguarding culture within the volunteer community.
It would also be great if you had:
• Relevant qualification in Volunteer Management
• Training and development qualification/experience
• Experience of delivering Equality, Diversity and Inclusion initiatives that have become successfully embedded and contributed to advancing EDI within an organisation.
If you excel in an environment where you can see the difference you make every day then this is the role for you. Interested? Then apply and let’s work together to see if this is the role for you.
To apply for this role, all candidates must complete the online application process.
The first stage of our recruitment process will be a competency-based interview including a presentation to find out more about you and we will share lots more information on the role. This stage will also involve a psychometric questionnaire which enables us to learn about your working style. First stage interviews will be held on Thursday 13th February 2020.
Following this, we will invite shortlisted applicants to attend a second interview to be held on Wednesday 19th February 2020.
To read more about the benefits Blue Cross has to offer, please click here: https://jobs.bluecross.org.uk/BlueCross/Benefits
Salary: circa £50,000 per annum
Closing Date: 5th February 2020