Our busy small animal practice based in Chippenham; Wiltshire is seeking a Head Veterinary Nurse to join our friendly team. Our training practice has a nursing team of 3; 1 HVN and 2 RVNS.
This is ideally a full-time position, but the hours can be flexible to suit the right candidate. There are no out-of-hours or on-call duties, but it will include a weekend rota that is shared between the team.
We pride ourselves on having a friendly, affable, but professional team. We have a varied caseload, which includes soft tissue and orthopaedic surgery and a visiting ultrasonography specialist. Our nurses run a wide variety of popular clinics in practice, including puppy parties. We are lucky to have a loyal client base, of which most are insured.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Assisting management with the day to day running of the practice
- Working closely with the clinical and non-clinical teams to deliver the best levels of patient and customer care, taking full ownerships or tasks and responsibilities
- Manage and deal with bookings professionally and efficiently using RX Works
- Greet clients and their pets for appointments, being sensitive to their requirements and promoting a professional image at all times
- Comply with all policies and procedures within the surgery, including Health and Safety Regulations
- Calculate and administer medications and keeping accurate records
- Assist the Veterinary Surgeon during surgical procedures
- Prepare, identify and record results from radiography equipment
In return what can we offer you:
- Working with a fantastic group of mostly experienced individuals
- Generous salary
- Holiday allowance that increases with service
- Excellent pension
- CPD allowance – encourage and supported
- RCVS, BVNA membership paid
- Company discounts and rewards!
Location: SN14 6RZ
If you’re interested in joining our team, then we would love to hear from you.