Our Vets4Pets surgery in Newmarket are looking for an experienced Head Veterinary Nurse to join their friendly team. The practice is located inside Pets at Home in Studland Retail Park on Fordham Road, close to bus routes and within easy access of the A14. Having been open for three years, we have a great client base and a varied caseloads seeing cats, dogs, rabbits and exotics!
We have start of the art equipment, including digital x-ray, colour Doppler ultrasound, therapeutic class 4 laser, endoscopy and dental equipment. We have specialist operating equipment and facilities for all our patients, including separate species specific wards.
This is a full time role, 40 hours per week with 1 in 4/5 weekends. There is a mixture of early and late shifts of approximately 8.5 hours per day and no OOHs.
You will be joining Veterinary Surgeon and Practice Owner, Iain Cope, and his team of 4 full time Vets, 4 Nurses, 1 Veterinary Care Assistant, 1 Practice Manager and 4 Receptionists.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with the clinical and non-clinical teams to deliver the best levels of patient and customer care, taking full ownership of tasks and responsibilities
- Manage and deal with bookings professionally and efficiently using RX Works
- Greet clients and their pets for appointments, being sensitive to their requirements and promoting a professional image at all times
- Comply with all policies and procedures within the surgery, including Health and Safety Regulations
- Calculate and administer medications and keeping accurate records
- Assist the Veterinary Surgeon during surgical procedures
- Prepare, identify and record results from radiography equipment
This role would suit an experienced registered nurse looking for the next step in their career or a head nurse who is happy to lead by example, has great communication skills and is looking to work with a positive and passionate team. You will be confident with all general nursing duties including the running of nurse clinics and ideally have experience of and enjoy coaching and mentoring.
In return of your dedication and high quality work, we can offer:
- Career opportunities and development due to our varied case load
- Competitive salary dependent on your experience to be discussed at interview.
- CPD allowance and support
- Contributory pension scheme
- Paid memberships (RCVS, BCA, etc)
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards including 20% off at Vets4Pets, Pets at Home and the Groom Room
If you share our passion for delivering outstanding pet healthcare and great customer service and would like to join our team, we would love to hear from you.
For further information please contact Laura.Holroyd@Vets4Pets.com