We have an exciting opportunity for a Health and Safety Audit Team Leader to join our growing team based in York.
This is a pivotal role where you’ll help create, develop and lead VetPartners own internal audit facility.
You’ll work closely with practices and colleagues to promote a collaborative and supportive safety culture.
What you’ll be doing – the role:
- You’ll create and manage a team of auditors to support health and safety across VetPartners practices in the UK.
- Work with the Health and safety Manager to create and develop a UK wide internal audit capability.
- Provide excellent support to our practices, so that they love talking to us about health and safety.
- Provide health and safety advice, based on our existing guidance.
- Ensure the team operates and aligns with VetPartners values.
- Develop our remote auditing (e.g. video call) capability, to remove the need to travel for every visit.
- Help identify new queries and/or gaps in our policies and guidance, work with the team to address.
- Help inform when policies and related processes require updating, perhaps for legislative or technological changes.
- Conduct video health and safety support calls, with the utmost support and sensitivity to our practices.
- Engage with practices to reduce their stress and compliance concerns.
- Visit practices post-problem (e.g. accident), be a supportive representative for HSE inspector or other visits from local authorities.
- Pass H&S research work to the compliance team, such as changes in legislation, technology, new problems (i.e. accidents), and also suggestions and ideas from practices.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- Well-developed MS Office skills.
- Lead auditor qualification and experience.
- RCVS PSS, and H&S law knowledge.
- H&S management experience and qualifications such as IOSH and/or NEBOSH.
- HSE facing experience.
- Line management.
- ISO 45001 knowledge and experience.
- Veterinary practice experience.
What we can offer in return:
- A competitive salary of £35,000.00 – £43,000.00, dependent on experience
- Health Shield Policy
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- CPD allowance
- Free parking
A Little bit about us:
VetPartners has grown, since formation in 2015, to an organisation with more than 6000 employees working in over 400 sites across the UK, supported by our Central Support office in York, and collaborating nationally to provide excellent service.
Being united as a team is one of our core values, and we also pride ourselves on putting the veterinary profession at the heart of everything we do.
Our aim is to improve the quality of care given to our patients and our clients, whilst also ensuring all our colleagues have a great working life.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our new Health & Safety Audit Team Leader, we’d love to hear from you.
Please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Deadline for applications: 12th March 2021