This role is an exciting Hospital Director position with potential for career progression in a growing business leading within the Veterinary industry both within the UK and globally as part of Mars Veterinary Health. This is a key leadership, strategic and operational position. You will be responsible for all aspects of performance of the Referral Hospital business, leading and line managing your Hospital SLT, working alongside business partners and other stakeholders. You will report to the Managing Director- Referrals and take responsibility for the continued delivery and growth in performance of your Referral Hospital.
In this key role you will lead the Hospital SLT and the wider Hospital team on the delivery of strategic initiatives to ensure the Hospital achieves clinical excellence, enhance the client experience, strengthen team development, well-being and engagement whilst delivering the annual business performance across all operational elements including quality, people, finance, growth, customer experience and sustainability.
Main purpose & goals
- Drive excellence of clinical quality within your Referral Hospital.
- Delivery of the Linnaeus strategy, annual business plan and budget for your Referral Hospital.
- Provide inspiration and motivational leadership for your Hospital team, leading, coaching and developing your SLT direct reports.
- Drive engagement across your teams, actively promoting wellbeing, equality, diversity and inclusion.
- Deliver and contribute to the development of strategic initiatives to drive clinical quality, commercial growth and delivery of our sustainability goals.
- Promote and contribute to collaborative, efficient ways of working between functional pillars of the Referral Hospital.
- Be an ambassador for Mars Veterinary Health, Linnaeus, your Referral Hospital and the veterinary industry.
- Working alongside the MD to be responsible for the delivery of Hospital strategy, BP and P&L, taking site leadership accountability.
- Providing hands on leadership, line management, development and coaching of the Hospital SLT.
- Delivery & development of the highest quality clinical services, achieved through the involvement of your clinical and non-clinical teams and other key stakeholders, and promoting clinical research.
- Delivering the agreed service elements within the operating plan, demonstrating commercial focus, a structured approach, intelligence, energy and enthusiasm.
- Ensuring that the performance of the Hospital is efficient such that performance is delivered within budget.
- Delivering clear Key Performance Indicators, both quantitative and qualitative in order to inform decision making for future growth.
- Sharing in our passion in ‘Making a Better World for Pets’ always striving to improve the patient and client (patient owner) experience through the Hospital team.
- Working closely with the Clinical Director and Head of Nursing Services to implement a robust clinical framework which will continually improve the clinical outcomes of the animals under your care.
- Working in partnership with your HR Business Partner to support and deliver a robust people plan for the Hospital which addresses associate engagement, talent management, retention and attrition, and well-being.
- Working closely with the Marketing Manager and Business Relationship Manager in order to promote and facilitate the referral of cases to the Hospital. Ensuring that the referral process is robust and efficient, exceeding the expectations of referring vets and delivering market leading customer service.
- Openly sharing best practice with your peers to enable the wider group to continually benefit, and being responsible for the cascade of information through the Hospital team. Being responsible for the management and positive development of a range of internal operational relationships in support of mutually beneficial approaches and synergies.
- Ensuring the maintenance of compliance on Health & Safety, property and maintenance of the Hospital through the Facilities Manager and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Actively promoting a positive attitude to maintain health & mental wellbeing in the workplace.
- Leading from the front demonstrating the values & behaviours of Linnaeus and Mars Veterinary Health.
- Contributing to and participating in the periodic reporting of business performance to the Linnaeus Executive along with the MD and business partners.
Part of an amazing global family
Being part of this amazing global group gives us the benefit of a huge network of experts and specialists, a future we can invest in and the security that allows us to concentrate on what we do best – caring for pets. We are proud to count some of the finest specialists, veterinary surgeons and nurses in the UK among our team. Being part of the Mars family of businesses provides huge development opportunities across the group for our Associates.
The future of the veterinary world is at the heart of everything we do. We are all individual but two important things bring us together: a commitment to excellence and our passion to make A BETTER WORLD FOR PETS.
Linnaeus is owned by Mars, that makes us part of their 70,000 Veterinary Health Associates who spend their days thinking about the 400 million pets of the world and how to improve their lives. Being part of this amazing global group gives us the benefit of a huge network of experts and specialists, a future we can invest in and the security that allows us to concentrate on what we do best – caring for pets.
Our Associates are fundamental to our success and we are proud to count some of the finest specialists, veterinary surgeons and nurses in the UK among our team.
Being part of the Mars family of businesses provides huge development opportunities across the group for our Associates.
Linnaeus is an equal-opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, we are committed to fostering a culture that is inclusive and diverse for all our associates.
If you would like to apply for this role, please click the Apply Button or for more information, please feel free to reach out directly to our Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com