At CVS, we are the largest integrated veterinary service provider in the UK, operating in excess of 500 veterinary surgeries throughout the UK, ROI and The Netherlands. Our surgeries include nine referral practices providing first class specialist treatment, one of which is The Grove Veterinary Hospital based in Norfolk.
This hospital, which offers both first opinion and referral services, requires a Hospital Director to lead, manage and support our clinical and non-clinical teams. You will work in partnership with the referral clinical leads, first opinion head vet, head of admin and reception teams and the head nurse to optimise service to clients and patients, developing the business by maximising turnover and productivity.
In the role, some of your key accountabilities will include:
Working with clinical leads, you will ensure that standards within the practice continue to be in line with the RCVS code of professional conduct, RCVS Practice Standards Scheme and the CVS Clinical Governance standards.
You will be responsible for the financial performance of the clinic in conjunction with the Referral Clinical lead, First Opinion Head Vet, and Regional Director. You will take a lead in developing the clinical and commercial strategy for the centre in line with our overarching Referrals and First Opinion strategies but also taking advantage of regional opportunities.
You will work with the clinical leads to deliver and maintain the highest standards of governance in relation to clinical meetings, CPD, clinical development planning and creating clinical frameworks, clinical audit and recording of unexpected clinical events.
In addition to this you will ensure the provision of appropriate surgical and medical care to patients, via the clinical team, adhering to the RCVS five principles of practice.
To be successful, you will ideally be able to demonstrate:
- Extensive managerial experience in a similar role within a comparable industry (medical/pharmaceutical/dentistry etc.)
- A high standard of communication and excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to energise, shape and direct a team to maximise motivation and support and develop staff to deliver business goals
- Fluent in interpreting a wide range of financial information to inform decision-making and action-planning and communicating financial information
- Knowledge of sector standards required and possesses proven track record of driving improvements in quality standards
Salary – up to £60,000 per annum + Benefits