Hospital Manager, Grimsby
Permanent, full time (35 Hours)
We are one of the UK’s leading rehoming organisations for animals. We support sick, injured and homeless pets and care for more than 40,000 animals every year through our rehoming, veterinary and education programmes.
Our Grimsby state of the art animal hospital sees nearly 100 pets per day supported by a fantastic team of around 70 people. We offer 24/7 emergency care and treat mainly dogs and cats but occasional get the slightly unusual pet through our doors!
What is the role?
We are recruiting for a Hospital Manager to support the Chief Veterinary Surgeon in the delivery of our veterinary services by ensuring a high standard of customer service, providing strong leadership and managing the support team and promoting and developing volunteers. The Hospital Manager will be responsible for specific areas within the hospital, budgets and the facilities. They will have a genuine desire to improve the lives of pets and their owners and be proactive in the promotion and delivery of Blue Cross aims.
The Hospital Manager will promote the services of the hospital ensuring Blue Cross is actively engaged in the local community, maximising fundraising and income generation and increasing the number of pets Blue Cross helps. This role also involves encouraging a team ethic, promoting efficient processes, having responsibility for specific aspects of the hospital including volunteer management, reception, client services, facilities and building maintenance, financial processes, outreach services and all aspects of hospital administration.
The standard hours are 35 hours per week over 5 days may include weekends and bank holidays on occasion as agreed locally.
What is required?
We are looking for people with the following:
• GCSE English and Mathematics or equivalent
• Current full manual driving licence
• Extensive employment in a management role
• Excellent communication, administration, numeracy and computer skills
• Computer literate and familiar with MS Office
• Effective team management
• Ability to deliver high standards of customer care
• Awareness of health and safety legislation
• Experience of recruiting team members
• Business management experience
• An understanding of budgets and accounts
It would also be great if you had:
• Experience of working in veterinary practice
• Experience of working in the charity sector
• Experience of property/buildings management
• Experience of managing workplace Health and Safety
• Events organisation and community engagement
• Experience of volunteer management
If you excel in an environment where you can see the difference you make every day then this is the role for you. Interested? Then apply and let’s work together to see if this is the role for you.
Want to know more the detail? Great! We have attached the job description which hopefully gives you everything you need. Interviews will be held on 6th – 8th April 2020 at our Grimsby animal hospital.
To read more about the benefits Blue Cross has to offer, please click on: https://jobs.bluecross.org.uk/BlueCross/Benefits
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response.
Salary: £33,180 – £46,410 per annum
Closing date: 27/03/2020