This exciting and varied role would ideally suit an experienced veterinary manager with the skills to manage and lead a talented and driven team of vets, nurses and receptionists in a large first opinion veterinary hospital. A clinical background would be advantageous and previous experience in the management of a hospital or larger practice is preferred. We are looking for an astute and personable individual to join us on our journey.
The Goddard Veterinary Group is a people focused practice with clinics throughout Greater London. Arthur Goddard started the business in 1952 and we now have 44 branches, 3 hospitals, and our own nursing college. We believe that life is better with pets and want to see a world enriched by the people-pet bond, so we deliver high quality care for people and their pets. We have a great reputation for looking after our colleagues; over 20% of our team have been with us 10 years or more. Please take a few minutes to look at our numerous 4 and 5-star reviews on Indeed.
Based at the Stone Lion Veterinary Hospital in Wimbledon, you will be working with a large, dedicated team of Veterinary Surgeons, Nurses, Students, Nursing Assistants and Receptionists.
Our ideal candidate must have the following key competencies which are aligned with our commitments:
– Strong organisational and time-management abilities to manage a driven hospital team
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
– Strong attention to detail
– A caring but can-do attitude
– Proven skills in managing and developing a team
– Experience in delivering excellent client care
– Enthusiasm for promoting and achieving gold standard best practice
– Working to agreed budgets, identifying, and implementing opportunities
The salary for our full time Hospital Manager role is £35,000 – £45,000 per annum, depending on experience.
We have a great benefits package including:
– Simply Health which provides cashback/refunds on many routine medical costs such as dental care, physiotherapy, optician, chiropractic fees, and more.
– 24hr Employee Assistance Programme.
– Generous shopping/leisure discounts (never pay full price in all the major shops and cinemas again!).
– Great colleague pet discount scheme.
– Paid BVNA membership, RCVS and VDS fees where appropriate
– Colleague Introduction incentive
– 5 weeks holiday allowance.
You will be working with a great company which really cares value all of our colleagues and our forward-looking approach means we have introduced a Colleague Forum to listen to our peers’ views, as well as monthly Town Hall meetings, communicating real time updates, taking polls with live Q&A’s to ensure we’re making the right, collaborative decisions for our people. All our senior managers are Mental Health First Aid trained and we offer Wellness plans for all our new starters. If you are interested in this rewarding role, please apply now with a covering letter and CV.