IVC Evidensia are in a unique positon in the Veterinary market, since 2011, the IVC Evidensia family has grown to over 950 practices across the UK and NI and 400 practices across Europe. The company is primarily focused on first opinion care, complemented by referral hospitals, and promotes clinical freedom, balanced with integrated support functions such as procurement, marketing, veterinary advisors and a full network of support features. With its vet-friendly culture and reputation for clinical excellence, IVC Evidensia has quickly grown into an organisation of over 16,000 veterinarians and nurses.
The HR Advisor role will be accountable for supporting the HR Manager and Team with the provision of effective and professional HR support and advice in line with company policies and procedures. This role will cover all aspects of the employee life cycle from recruitment to exit interviews.This support will be provided by ensuring effective relationships with the HR Team and Central Support Stakeholders.
- This role does not have any managerial or supervisory responsibility.
- The role does require the jobholder to manage their own diary and workload.
- The job holder will be responsible for providing accurate and up to date employment law and best practice advice in line with company policies and procedures.
- Working with Managers to support performance management processes and identifying employee development needs
- Supporting on internal recruitment processes
- Delivering effective induction presentations
- Championing wellbeing through provision of training and guidance.
- Provide professional and accurate generalist HR advice and coaching to Managers in a timely manner including absence management, contractual issues and employee relation matters.
- Support in employee relation activities including disciplinary, grievance and capability hearings.
- Develop and deliver effective HR training sessions to a variety of employees to improve their knowledge and understanding on policies
- Provide advice to employees ensuring they are fully aware of their rights and entitlements in line with company policies and procedures.
- Support HR Manager and Team with ongoing HR projects.
- Creating and issuing HR guidance documents on a variety of HR related topics including health, wellbeing, policies and procedures.
- Proactively contributing to the continuous improvement of HR systems and practices.
- Support change management across IVC Evidensia as the business continues to grow.
- Knowledge of UK employment law.
- A proven self-starter with a ‘can do’ approach.
- Previous experience in a generalist HR Advisor role covering most of the tasks listed above.
- Ability to work as part of a busy team and work unsupervised.
- CIPD Level 5 or qualified by experience.
- Confidence to work across and communicate at all levels of the business.
- Demonstrates an attention to detail.
- Proven influencing and communication skills.
- Self-confident and proactive.
- Comply with all company Policies and Procedures.
- Comply with Health and Safety regulations and other current legislation as applicable.
- Undertake all other reasonable duties as required.
We offer a competitive salary, exclusive company discounts, reward schemes and career development.
As a Disability Confident Employer we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long term health conditions, and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
To apply, please email your CV to Vicki at Vicki.Cave@ivcevidensia.com or call 07921480402 for more information.