We are looking for a Hub Supervisor to oversee and focus solely on the operations of our Small Animal First Opinion Branches at Stapenhill, Stretton and Hilton.
You will have support of the Branch Practice Manager and the on-site managers, as well as the wider Vet, Nurse and Client Care teams. Advice and support will also be on hand from our main site at Pride Park, so there will be someone to guide when needed.
To support the Practice manager with the day-to-day management of the hub, developing the business, promoting improvements and being an active member of the team. The hub will consist of Stapenhill, Hilton and Stretton and it is expected that you will work between all 3 sites and act as a point of contact for all team members at these locations, bringing any concerns to the attention of the Branch Practice Manager promptly and efficiently.
This is a challenging and rewarding role, where each day brings variety and a chance to make a difference to the business.
We are open to both clinical and non-clinical applicants with the job description being tailored to the individuals experience. However, the main responsibilities listed below will remain the same.
- Provide day to day support as required
- Line management of senior vets, head nurse and senior CCA
- Oversee and manage branch purchasing and stock control
- Oversee and manage daily scheduling and ensure appropriate staffing is in place
- Coordinating any repairs/ general maintenance with the facilities manager
- Implementation of changes of ways of working to ensure progression and development of patient care, client services and the business
- Organization of the 6 weekly practice meeting providing an agenda and minutes
Required Skills and Experience:
- Leadership experience
- Coaching and development skills
- Small Animal Veterinary sector knowledge
- Operational level management
Would be good to have:
- Financial business understanding
- Clinical veterinary background or excellent customer service experience
- Change management experience
Professional Perks and Benefits:
- CPD actively encouraged
- Continual learning
- Great team
- Practice focus on health and well being
- Birthday off work
- Death in Service cover
- Increase in holiday allowance with service
- Discount Staff Pet Scheme
Scarsdale Veterinary Group is a large Midlands based vets in Derby providing exceptional veterinary care to pets, horses and farm animals. We pride ourselves on providing great customer service and top-quality care to all animals. We have a veterinary hospital in Derby for pets, with further vet practices in Derby, Burton upon Trent and Nottinghamshire for pets, as well as a dedicated farm and equine practice.
Scarsdale is part of IVC Evidensia, the largest veterinary group in Northern Europe with practices in 12 countries.