For more than 19 years’ multiple award winner, Vets Now has been developing and perfecting an out-of-hours emergency care service. We provide cover to over 1000 vet practices, have 58 emergency clinics and 3 specialist referral hospitals across the UK. Vets Now are truly at the cutting edge of pet emergency services.
About the role
Salary: £27,000 – £30,000pa DOE
We are currently seeking a Human Resources Advisor to join our enthusiastic and dynamic team on a permanent full-time basis. The successful candidate will provide high quality HR advice and guidance that is in line with company policy, best practice and employment legislation. You will work closely with line managers and key stakeholders in order to provide a proactive and efficient HR service.
Your areas of responsibility
The key responsibility of this role will be to support our managers to ensure a fair and consistent approach is in place for all absence management processes. Further to this it will be a key link to ensure a focus on health and wellbeing for our staff. They will also support with a range of employee relations cases as required. Therefore, a strong background in complex employee relations case management, including disciplinary, absence, grievance and performance management is essential for this role. Experience in varied business industries would also be of benefit and candidates must be comfortable engaging with and advising employees across all business levels.
As part of the Human Resources function you will be an ambassador for the Vets Now Values and will deliver a consistent and people focused service to your colleagues.
The skills and experience we require:
- Experienced Human Resources Advisor, preferably within a multi-site business
- Experience of working with HR systems particularly regarding reporting.
- Confident and able to liaise at all levels
- Providing guidance and support to stakeholders with Employee Relations issues
- Providing support to the Head of People Services and Senior Business Partner with any HR projects.
- Liaise with our team administrators where required to ensure accurate and up to date information is processed through our systems.
- The professionalism to act as a brand Ambassador for Vets Now
- Strong influencing, relationship building and negotiation skills
- A sense of urgency, and a passion to deliver an outstanding service.
- HRM or Business degree graduate is desirable
- CIPD qualified or working towards is desirable
Successful candidates will hold a relevant qualification and/or experience of working within a similar role.
What’s in it for you?
At Vets Now we value our people, that’s why we offer great perks and benefits. As a Vets Now employee your benefits will include but not be limited to:
- 6.6 weeks annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Pension contributions
- Cash health plan
- Free use of a small on-site gym
- Monthly breakfast meetings
- Vets Now is a dog-friendly employer that welcomes dogs in the office – there is a dog policy that must be adhered to
To be considered for this role, please click to apply and send your CV along with details of your current and expected salary.