You will work within the wards department, providing care to both referral and first opinion cases. You will see a varied caseload and will have experience nursing a wide range of patients and disorders.
In addition to working within the wards department, you will lead a team of 10 RVNs. As such, you will inspire and motivate the team, as well as provide clinical training and ensure your team are on track with their personal development. Working in a senior role within a fast-paced referral hospital, you should possess excellent communication skills to ensure effective liaison with the rest of the team to ensure a high level of patient care is provided to all patients.
Work with cutting-edge facilities
Our wards department is made up of 8 wards (Including a small dog ward, 2 large dog wards, day patient ward, ICU, Cat ward, Exotics and a separate Isolation ward). The team consists of 11 RVNs, 7 VCAs and rotating nurses and SVNs who rotate around the hospital. The hospital also has 5 theatres, an imaging suite with access to advanced imaging such as digital x-ray, ultrasound, CT and MRI. There is also and endoscopy suite and Fluoroscopy facilities. Despite working within such a large team, we pride ourselves on maintaining a friendly and supportive culture with a focus on development, clinical excellence and gold standard patient care.
Due to the nature of the role, our successful application will be a qualified RVN with leadership experience and extensive knowledge of working in an inpatient care setting. Further qualifications in ECC, medicine or management would be desirable but are not essential at this stage.
This is a full-time position equating to 38hrs/week on average, over a 4-day working week. Shifts fall between 6am-9pm as standard, early and late shifts will be shared equally and fairly among the team. this works out at 35hrs during the week, and there is a 1:6 weekend rota (Saturday & Sunday). Once every 10 weeks you would cover 4 twilight shifts 3pm-12am and be on-call for the rest of the evening.
Because Our Employees Matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive salary up to £32,300pa, you will benefit from –
- 4 day working week
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Relocation allowance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Private Medical Insurance
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing, including discounted gym membership
- Non-accidental injury support
- £550 CPD allowance with 3 days paid pro rata
- Certificate, Diploma and VTS support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch with Helen Paddison, Talent Partner – Referral Nurses at email@example.com