Our ideal candidate will be an RVN with extensive knowledge of insurance processes, and who may have previous management or administration experience or someone with similar experience in the veterinary industry looking for a new challenge in a non-clinical role.
The Insurance and Accounts Coordinator is a key member of the hospital senior team and is responsible for:
- Oversee accurate and timely processing of client insurance claims, including extensive liaison with clients and insurance companies to assess claims and resolve discrepancies
- Acting as a source of information and support for management regarding pet insurance issues.
- Supervision of team of 2-3 insurance processing clerks
- Acting within our credit control protocols to ensure timely settlement of accounts and to minimise debt. Including preparation of reports
- Reconciliation of daily takings, investigation of variances and preparation of banking.
The skills needed for this role are:
- Good organisation and time management
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and prioritise tasks to deliver key objectives
- Leadership and team motivation
- Highly numerate
- Literate with Microsoft Office applications
The role is full-time; Monday-Friday 10am-6pm (there is some flexibility with the start and finish times). Salary will be in the range of £25-£35K depending on experience. We look after our colleagues with a profession-leading benefits package including increasing holiday allowance, cash back / refunds on many routine medical costs such as dental care, physiotherapy, opticians, chiropody fees etc., 24 hour employee assistance programme, cycle to work scheme, plus generous staff, shopping and leisure discounts.
Goddard Veterinary Group is a family-run practice and was started in 1952 by Arthur Goddard. His son Philip took over the reins in the late 90’s and remains the practice principal. We are now the largest family-run veterinary practice in the UK and have 44 branches, 3 hospitals and our own nursing college. We have a great reputation for looking after our staff; over 20% of our team have been with us 10 years or more and we are proud of our many 5-star reviews on Indeed and Glassdoor.
If you are interested in this rewarding role and working with a well-established independent family-run business, please email Emma White, Hospital Manager, at Ewhite@goddardvetgroup.co.uk or apply now with a covering letter and CV.
Job Code: Insurance Coordinator WVH
See the job vacancy page here