Vets Now is the UK’s leading provider of emergency and out-of-hours care for pets and one of the fastest growing companies in the country. Every year our emergency vets and vet nurses treat more than 150,000 pets. Together we save pets’ lives.
One of our core company values is Innovation. We are constantly asking ourselves ‘how can we make things better for our clients, partner practices and employees?’. In March 2020 we launched a new Vets Now Video Vet service that allows our clients to have a video consult with one of our vets. This allows the vet and client to review the symptoms, show the pet on video and make a recommendation if they need to be seen in a clinic. If they do need to be seen we will refer them to their registered daytime veterinary clinic or see them in one of our Vets Now emergency clinics.
As a result of the success of Vets Now Video Vet we have great plans for continued advancement, and we need an energetic marketing executive to help us build upon our marketing strategy for further commercial growth. You’ll be working to support commercial growth from the pet owner and vet professional markets.
We’re looking for a strong ‘all-rounder’ for the role. A creative self-starter with initiative, ambition and a desire to learn all things pet owner and veterinary. You’ll be working in a fast-moving environment and be part of a talented marketing team of 15.
- Support multi-channel awareness and direct response campaigns, across both online and offline channels and both consumer and B2B audiences.
- Implement Video Vet campaigns, developing brand awareness, education and direct response for both clients and vet professionals.
- You will support our client and vet practices segmentations, ensuring we have the right channels for the right audiences.
- Work with external agencies and suppliers to produce print, direct mail, fulfilment, digital assets, etc. This includes briefing and managing amendment requests, collateral management and print fulfilment. You will also help maintain our Content Hub for Video Vet accessed by our vet practices.
- Reviewing our website and mobile app user experience for consistency
- Help create CRM strategies for our ongoing client relationships who use Vets Now Video Vet.
- Play a key role in developing partnerships with Video Vet that are beneficial for both brands and clients.
- Monitor key competitor activity, analytics and attribution activity ensuring we can identify successful channels for delivering on both brand awareness and direct response objectives.
- Support monthly reporting across all pet owner and vet professional audiences to show the impact of our work on the agreed KPIs.
- Be a self-starter and organisation should be your strong suit
- Be a great communicator, and be able to present plans and activity to stakeholders
- Be a strong copywriter and be able to adapt your writing style depending on the audience and tone, conversation and content
- Have some experience of a wide range of marketing activities, both online (e.g. social) and traditional marketing campaigns, incl. direct mail, ATL, point of sale, signage and print
- Have experience of web analytics and understand the digital marketing mix
- Experience of customer UX development would be ideal
- Be someone who really pays attention to detail and often finds themselves spotting other people’s mistakes – and isn’t too shy to point it out!
- Have a great grasp of grammar and written English
- Love an Excel spreadsheet – you’ll use them a lot!
- Be highly numerate and keen to understand the metrics and trends in what you are doing so you can refocus campaigns when required
Salary and benefits
- Salary up to £25,000 per annum depending on experience
- 33 days annual holiday (inclusive of public holidays) plus your birthday off
- 37.5 hours per week
- Pension contributions
- Discounted treatment for staff pets
- Death in service of two times annual salary
- Company sick pay scheme
- Vets Now is a dog-friendly employer that welcomes dogs in the office
What you can expect
- This is a 12-month contract position for 37.5 hours a week that sits within the marketing team at Vets Now
- Current Covid-19 restrictions mean you will be working from home using Microsoft Teams as the main way of collaborating with your colleagues. As restrictions change, days working from the office may become a future option
- Flexible working hours may be available via prior approval
- The successful candidate will gain enviable exposure to the full marketing mix, will have the opportunity to work with some of Scotland’s best agencies, and will work alongside a highly experienced digital team of in-house marketing experts
Applications close on 24th October 2020.