We’re looking for a friendly and professional Administrator to join the VMG Office as we continue to grow.
Reporting to the Group Development Manager (GDM), the purpose of this role is to ensure the smooth day-to-day running of the VMG as an organisation and to support the GDM and VMG Board in developing ongoing initiatives.
Specifically, the Office Administrator is responsible for:
- Being the first point of contact for incoming VMG phone and email queries
- Administering the VMG membership database including data management, payment plans and renewals
- Administering VMG Board meetings (quarterly), Strategy Day (annually) and AGM including agendas, papers, minutes and actions
- Maintaining the VMG electronic accounts system including sales and purchase ledgers, supplier payments, VAT returns/payments, bank reconciliation, and regular reporting, alongside our Financial Director and accountants
- Diary management, including internal and external events for Officers, Directors and the GDM, booking CPD, arranging travel and accommodation and processing expenses
- Administering annual CVPM examinations including booking workshops, collating entries, liaising with candidates, arranging logistics and supporting the Certification & Training Committee on exam day
- Maintaining regular outgoing communications via email, social media and the VMG website, as directed by the GDM and in conjunction with our PR firm
- Providing support for new membership benefits and other initiatives as required.
What we’re looking for:
You will need to be:
- Capable of carrying out the above responsibilities on your own initiative
- Set up to work remotely, and confident in the use of MS Office programmes
- A problem-solver; cheerful, helpful and professional via phone and email as the first-contact voice of VMG
- Meticulous with details to cope with regulatory and legal requirements, make a smart impression, and to make sure we can all get what we need to do done, with everyone in the right place at the right time with the right information
- Able to follow-up on actions, gain commitment from busy people, and take responsibility for ensuring tasks are completed both on time and to a high standard
- Enthusiastic about your own professional development and supporting that of others
- A positive advocate for VMG, and able to travel to attend meetings, CPD and conferences in a professional capacity
You might also have one or more of:
- Experience in the veterinary sector, or with a membership association or non-profit organisation
- Technical skills with WordPress, Presspoint, html, MS Publisher/Adobe InDesign/Illustrator, Xero or Mailchimp
- An AAT, bookkeeping or accounting qualification
- A project management, business administration or PA qualification
- ‘Front desk’ experience of dealing with first-line public, media, client or member queries
- Creative, artistic or design skills
We recognise that some very capable people will not have the exact requirements listed above and we are looking for someone to complement our existing skillset. You are encouraged to apply if you feel that you can demonstrate the potential to contribute to VMG’s future success.
What else do you need to know?
- Hours are three days/21 hours per week. We’re happy with flexible working, as long as good cover is maintained for incoming contacts.
- Salary will start at £18,000 pro-rata with good progression potential for those who can make additional contributions to VMG’s success.
- We also offer 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (pro-rata)
- We’ll encourage your personal and professional development with funded CPD and positive management.
To apply, please send your CV with a covering letter outlining how you best fit what we’re looking for to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like an informal chat about the role, Hannah (GDM) would be very happy to hear from you: email@example.com. Please ensure your application reaches us by Friday 31st July.