Are you currently working as a Customer Services Manager? Do you have experience of managing people?
And do you have a genuine interest in horses?
If your answer is yes to all of the above, we want to hear from you….
An exciting and interesting opportunity has arisen for someone who has a passion for horses and would like to transfer their skills and work for B&W Equine Vets. We are looking to recruit a Referrals Manager, on a 6-12 months Maternity contract working 40 hours a week.
The successful applicant will be able to lead and motivate staff in delivering customer service to a high standard in a highly-pressurised environment. Full job description available on application, but the role will include:
- Overseeing the day to day running of the Hospital together with the Hospital Clinical Director to provide gold standard service to our clients and veterinary team.
- Direct line management of a team of 7 veterinary receptionists (including rota planning, performance appraisal and development and sickness and absence management)
- Managing the hospital diary to ensure adequate resourcing and availability of all services at all times, while being reactive to emergency cases as they arise
- Be a working member of the team, able to work a shift pattern covering the opening hours of 8.30am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday.
- Role model and promote a professional, positive and friendly image to clients, internal and external vets and visitors, either in person, on the telephone, or in writing.
- Hospital debt management and till reconciliation
- Ensuring that the Hospital Health and Safety and Fire procedures are kept up to date and adhered to by all staff.
- Working closely with the Hospital Clinical Director in other management tasks such as budgeting and financial planning, HR and employment legislation, KPIs and so on.
- Working with other members of the practice management team across all sites.
Essential Skills required:
- Computer skills including Microsoft, Excel and Power Point
- Sound equine knowledge
- Proven experience of people management
- Able to problem solve and adapt quickly to change
- Promote and role model excellent client focused service at all times.
- Excellent communication skills
Previous knowledge of the veterinary industry is preferred but not essential as full training will be provided.
Salary is dependent on skills and experience.
Please click here to apply now and remember to include your CV and covering letter.