We are a friendly RCVS approved independent Small Animal Practice in Exmouth, Devon. We recently relocated to renovated premises and have been developing the business with excellent client, patient and staff care as our priority. There are 5 vets, of whom 3 are working part-time, and 5 RVNs, as well as 2 SVNs and 4 receptionists. They are all very dedicated and enjoy a good life balance and mutual support. We are an equal opportunity employer, and offer flexible working patterns and rotas to suit the individual.
We are looking to replace our Practice Manager, who is leaving to pursue new challenges. The main purpose of the job is to facilitate and manage the day-to-day business of the practice, with responsibility for all staff. A brief summary of areas of involvement :
- Business Development, marketing and training plans, fees and pricing strategies.
- Personnel management with external HR supervision. Staff training plans and appraisals. Staff Communication and team motivation. Responsibility for contracts, staff manuals and protocols.
- Health and Safety
- IT management
- Accounts and Office Management, monthly invoice runs and debt control, daily financial procedures
- Client Communication, implementation of good client service and handling complaints with tact and diplomacy
- Statutory and ethical requirements, RCVS Practice Standards Scheme compliance and Protocols.
- Building Maintenance – liaising with contractors, security, fire alarms, electricity, gas and water supplies.
The position could be full or part-time ( around 30 hours) from Monday to Friday and would suit someone with experience of administrative work and dealing with members of the public. They must have an ability to understand basic accounting and have good computer skills. This position would suit an RVN with leadership potential looking progress into management, for which there would be help and guidance. Alternatively, someone with management or financial experience who would like to work in a happy practice in a seaside location. Salary is negotiable and depends on relevant experience and working hours.
For a detailed Job Description please contact Linda Salmon MRCVS, the Director, on 01395 267928
or email email@example.com including a CV please.
or write to White Lodge Veterinary Surgery, 207 Exeter Road, Exmouth, Devon EX8 3DZ.
Deadline: 17th June 2020