If you are a highly motivated, multi tasking, experienced Office Manager? Abercorn Vets Needs You!!
We are currently looking for an Office/Reception Manager to join our friendly team.
Full Time, 40hrs per week, Monday – Friday, competitive salary and great benefits.
Hours of work: 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday – 8 hours between 08:30 and 19:00
Department: Administration/Non Clinical
Responsible to: Victor Bates, Clinical Director
Responsible for: Practice Administration
Main function of the role:
The provision of a professional administrative service for clients and colleagues in line with Practice aims, objectives and standards as well as Line Manager support for Reception.
(NB: this list of duties is not exhaustive and may be subject to change depending upon the requirements of the role and the Practice.)
• To deal with clients and visitors to the Practice in a friendly and helpful manner and to provide a high level of customer care.
• To answer the telephone in accordance with Practice protocols. To take detailed messages as required and ensuring messages are passed to the appropriate person in a timely manner.
• To offer support and training to Reception Supervisor and Reception team.
• To organise and support non clinical Performance Reviews and keep records of practice PDR.
• To take and keep record of practice meetings.
• To keep all HR files up to date
• To liaise with clients, providing a frontline service in dealing with client enquiries and concerns.
• To respond and keep records of complaints/concerns for both clients and staff
• To check Bank Account and allocate client payments
• To ensure veterinary work is booked to the client account and invoices issued in accordance with practice requirements.
• To process client accounts and chase outstanding invoices
Complete the stages of debt management and send to Debt Collector if required
• To prepare insurance forms once /Vet /RVN have completed clinical section and send to insurance companies
• To process/chase outstanding insurance claim settlements
• To allocate insurance settlements to client account
• To communicate with insurance companies to resolve issues.
• To liaise with the Vet Partners Head Office to:
- Forward authorised purchase invoices
- Forward sales/income/aged debt figures
- Forward Bank and petty cash reconciliation
- Forward PHC remittance reports
- Forward monthly accident report
- Forward complaint spreadsheet
- Forward Payroll timesheets
- Forward company credit card statement and receipts
- Forward HR documents
• To be responsible for managing petty cash spending and reconciliations in accordance with practice requirements
• To reconcile daily/monthly cash lists in accordance with practice requirements
• To deal with client billing and account queries
• To deal with supplier/services invoices and account queries
• To deal with non-clinical equipment and process invoices
• To process invoices and keep maintenance records for clinical equipment
• To provide authorisations in respect of Admin and Reception staff Timesheets, Holiday requests, Mileage and Expense claims and ensure that this information is submitted to the relevant practice departments within submission deadlines.
• To be responsible for the on-going training of new non-clinical staff
• To forward clinical training information to clinical line managers
• To arrange and process payments for CPD/Congress/accommodation etc
• To ensure all Health & Safety records are up to date
• To arrange maintenance checks for Fire Alarm, Entry Alarm and PAT testing
• Any other administrative duties and responsibilities commensurate to the role.
If you are interested in this position or if you would like more information, please contact Carol Logan – email@example.com
REF: O/R/M VACANCY
Please include your CV and cover letter when applying.
Deadline for applications: Friday 22nd October 2021