New year… New position created due to continuing growth… New position for you?
Continuing growth within our practice has created a management position for a positive and enthusiastic colleague to help lead our happy team and be committed to the success of our business. The Operations Manager will assist the Directors and work closely with our Finance Manager with the day-to-day running and management of the practice and in particular maintaining and building a stronger bond between us and our clients.
We are an independent veterinary practice, our team includes 7 veterinary surgeons, 8 nurses and 8 support staff working from a new purpose-built surgery in Redruth and a branch surgery in Cambourne. Our values are:
- treating pets as if they are our own
- supporting clients in every way we can
- being supportive and understanding to our colleagues
- being a valued member of the team
What will you do?
- Take full responsibility for the day-to-day operations of our practice
- Effectively delegate workload and motivate colleagues
- Ensure that all aspects of HR are dealt with in a fair and consistent manner
- Solve problems swiftly to ensure our team can focus on their tasks
- Recruit, induct and develop our team
- Assist and implement our health and safety policies
- Deal with non-financial customer complaints
- Develop practice protocols
- Improve communication within the team
- Improve communication with our clients – nurturing a stable bond between us and our clients
- Develop marketing strategies to attract new clients
- Develop our brand in a professional and personal way in keeping with our family run practice
What will you need?
- To have proven ability in managing teams and driving growth either outside or within the veterinary industry
- To be experienced in dealing with all aspects of human resources, and skilled in applying existing HR policies
- To be experienced in creating and implementing marketing plans to help further our success
- To be able to help develop and deliver longer term strategic goals
- Strong organisational skills
- Experience of leading and developing a team in a fast-paced and fluid environment
- A customer-focussed manner
- The ability to develop our marketing strategies
- Excellent communication skills including skills in dealing with customers
- The willingness to flexibly meet daily challenges with empowerment of your team, delegation and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and be proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint)
- You’ll always be ready to adapt to change, learn new things and get our team excited to execute them
- A full driving licence to travel between branches
What do we offer?
- Salary – commensurate with experience
- Part-time or full-time hours for the right candidate
- Continuing professional development allowance
- 5 weeks holiday plus bank holidays
- Pension after completion of satisfactory probationary period of employment
- Free on-site parking
- Staff discount scheme
If you would relish the opportunity to be part of our amazing team please send a covering letter and CV to Elaine Andrewartha (Practice Manager) at email@example.com or if you would like to discuss this role in more detail please contact Zoe or Ben (the Directors) on 01209 214737. The closing date to receive applications for this vacancy is 5pm on Friday 21st February.