We have an exciting opportunity for a Pay & Reward Adviser to join the friendly faces of the RSPCA People & Culture team to support in the development, analysis and implementation of the Society’s Reward Strategy.
This role is fundamental to helping ensure the fair and consistent implementation of relevant policies and procedures across the organisation. We are looking for an experienced, well organised and motivated individual with a background in job design and evaluation.
What you’ll be doing:
- Analysing and interpreting data relating to pay and benefits.
- Presenting results and making informed recommendations to senior management.
- Participating in the review, development and writing of policies relating to job evaluation, pay and allowances, reward and recognition schemes, payroll and pensions.
- Working with the Head of Reward to identify, plan and schedule training for line managers in relation to areas of responsibility.
- Working collaboratively with the Resourcing Team to ensure the timely completion of job analysis and job evaluation processes for new and revised roles.
- Researching legislative and regulatory changes, and calculating the impact of these to mitigate risk and develop processes to ensure compliance.
- Developing effective relationships within the Society to promote good employee relations.
- Experience in a generalist or specialist HR role
- The ability to make sound judgements around issues that may have an adverse effect on the business
- Comprehensive and up-to-date knowledge of employment law
- Experience of writing reports and collating and interpreting statistical data
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An analytical mind with the ability to problem solve and ensure excellent attention to detail
- A CIPD Level 5 qualification (desirable)
What’s in it for you:
You’ll have an opportunity to work for the largest animal welfare charity in England and Wales. We value and recognise our employees’ contribution and are proud to offer an extensive benefits package that includes:
- 25 days holiday (rising to 30 with service), plus an additional Society day
- private healthcare
- defined contribution pension scheme
- childcare vouchers
- employee assistance programme
- subsidised staff restaurant
How to apply:
Please email your CV and a covering letter confirming your salary expectation and why you think you’re the best person for the job to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference PRA379. This information will form part of our shortlisting criteria.