Blue Cross are one of the UK’s leading rehoming organisations for animals. We support sick, injured, and homeless pets and care for more than 40,000 animals every year through our rehoming, veterinary and education programmes. Our hospitals provide 24/7 veterinary care for pets whose owners can’t afford private veterinary fees.
Now, we’re looking for a Pet Health Advisor Manager to join us on a full-time basis working at our Victoria Animal Hospital in London.
– Salary of £27,966 – £35,400 plus £3,954 London Weighting Allowance per annum
– Pension scheme
– Company sick pay
– Life insurance (after probationary period)
– Employee assistance programme, including a 24/7 confidential counselling line, support with personal issues and financial advice
– Cycle to Work Scheme
– Eye Tests
– Flexible working
– Enhanced parental/maternity/paternity leave, holiday exchange, volunteer days and sabbatical leave
– Long service awards and Blue Cross Spirit Awards
– Develop your career with a charity that’s been supporting animals since 1897
If you are a people management professional with strong leadership skills and experience of caring for or handling animals, this is the perfect opportunity to join our flagship hospital and help us deliver fantastic care and advice to pets and their owners.
You will discover the chance to grow and develop this role alongside your own knowledge and skillset, gaining invaluable experience in looking after the pets in our care, and within a charity environment.
So, if you are passionate about animals and are looking for a role where you can advance your career and improve the lives of pets and their owners, we would love to hear from you.
As a Pet Health Advisor Manager, you will be responsible for leading our front of house team and ensuring the effective delivery of our services to support the best outcomes for our patients and their owners.
In this varied role, you will oversee our Pet Health Advisors and reception who act as the link between clients and the clinical team and build strong relationships with clients, their pets and all members of the hospital teams.
You will ensure that our team provide a friendly welcoming service, that they assist with client queries within the hospital, and they run a busy reception area smoothly and efficiently, all whilst delivering the highest standards of customer service.
To join us as Pet Health Advisor Manager, you will need:
– Experience of managing a team in a busy reception/front of house environment
– Experience of change management
– Experience of caring for and/or handling animals
– Experience of dealing and interacting with a wide variety of the general public and their enquiries, both face to face and over the phone
– Excellent communication and administration and numeracy skills
– Proficiency in MS Office
– A good standard of secondary education including English and Mathematics at GCSE or equivalent
– A full valid driving licence
Previous experience of working in the charity and/or voluntary sector would be beneficial, as would experience of working in a busy hospital and/or clinic environment. Experience in volunteer management would also be advantageous to this role, as would a qualification in Animal Care, and experience of social media management.
An understanding of confidentiality and Data Protection legislation would be desirable, as would an understanding of animal health, wellbeing and behaviour.
Job Ref: 210809 PHA Manager
The closing date for applications is 25th August 2021.
Interviews will be held on 10th September at the Victoria Hospital, with shortlisted candidates invited to an assessment centre on 22nd September 2021 via Microsoft Teams. We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response.
The salary for this role is a Grade: 3.2
To apply for this role, all candidates are required to complete the online application process. Please read the job description to find out more.
Other organisations may call this role Animal Healthcare Manager, Animal Hospital Manager, or Senior Pet Health Advisor.
Blue Cross holds inclusion as a core organisational value. We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified, experienced and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status or pregnancy and maternity. We actively embrace our differences and know that it is our differences that make us unique. You are very welcome at Blue Cross, without the need to hide any part of who you are.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Pet Health Advisor Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.