Here at Hawthorne Lodge Veterinary Practice, we are looking for a dedicated and committed Practice Director to join our team. Your role will be to lead and manage the practice, ensuring high standards of clinical and client care are provided to patients and clients, growing the sustainable profitability of the practice, and ensuring staff attraction and retention are a key strategic priority embedded via our core values and company culture.
• Ambassador of our culture, values, and employer brand
• Ensure that all employees are given appropriate leadership, guidance, development, and appraisals.
• Lead by example treating all colleagues and clients with civility and respect and calling out others where they do not follow your lead.
• Promote our wellbeing and mental health initiatives focusing on the 3 key areas of breaking down barriers, signposting support and engaging with training.
• Encourage and grow effective and appropriate communication to ensure employee engagement.
• Lead by example, always displaying professional conduct.
• In collaboration with your practice leadership team, be responsible for the financial performance of the Practice including the achievement of the EBITDA as set out in the Practice Budget and Business Plan,
• Ensure all company policies and procedures are followed, included but not limited to all HR, H&S, financial, GDPR & compliance and security.
• Be responsible for ensuring staff rotas including out of hours’ provision are in place to meet our legal and professional responsibilities.
• Attend and participate in IVC meetings as requested.
• Work closely with the Business Support Manager and colleagues at Support Operations Centre to ensure effective communication, co-ordination, and co-operation.
• Undertake other tasks as you may be asked to do from time to time.
Rota patterns that work for you
Our people are at the heart of everything that we do, that’s why we know that work-life balance is vital in supporting our people to be their best selves. Our flexible approach to rota patterns and working hours offers a balance that truly flexes with you and your lifestyle no matter what stage you are in your career.
You would be required to work 5 days per week with no out of hours and the occasional half day on a Saturday.
Join our experienced and collaborative team
Currently we have 7 Veterinary Surgeons, 5 Registered Veterinary Nurses and 6 Support Staff. The new Practice Director will seamlessly integrate into the team focusing on patients, clients, and colleagues to ensure the smoothest client journeys and fulfilling roles for all colleagues. We are active locally with charities and animal welfare, but also keen to become even bigger players within the local pet owning community.
Hawthorne Lodge is a well-appointed large practice with a long and proud history in Banbury. We are fully equipped with consulting rooms, two operating theatres, full suite of imaging equipment and laparoscopic equipment. There is plenty of parking and good local access for clients.
Situated near the iconic Banbury Cross this opportunity is perfect for an ambitious leader looking for their next step in General Management with great opportunities to further their career with a team hungry for success
For a confidential chat or to discuss this role in more detail please contact Michael Middleton, Talent Partner, on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07977242613.