Our Cardiff Hub is recruiting for an experienced manager to fulfil the role of Practice Director. Our hub comprises of 3 practices – Marlborough Road Veterinary Centre, Cowbridge Road Veterinary Centre & Petherton Vets
Reporting to the Regional Director you will have overall responsibility for the financial and clinical performance of the practice, in conjunction with the Head Veterinary Surgeon. You will also be responsible leading our team of veterinary surgeons, veterinary nurses, patient care assistants, receptionists and administrative staff.
This role offers the opportunity for a confident and experienced leader, with a proven commercial background to join a well-established and successful business here at Harris Hill & Gibbons as our Practice Director. This is a senior, local, managerial position,
Other responsibilities to include:
- To work in partnership with the Senior Vets, Practice Administrators, Head nurse and reception team to optimise service to clients and patients in order to develop the business.
- To deliver and maintain the highest standards of governance in relation to clinical meetings, CPD, clinical development planning and creating clinical frameworks, clinical audit and recording of unexpected clinical events.
- To be responsible for creating and delivering the practice budget with the Regional Director.
- To manage performance of the clinical and non-clinical staff.
To be successful you will be able to demonstrate:
- The ability to communicate clearly with a range of people at differing levels, deploying a range of techniques to do this effectively.
- The ability to energise, shape and direct teams.
- Proven experience supporting and developing staff to deliver business goals, preferably within the Veterinary Industry however this is not essential.
- Fluency in interpreting a wide range of financial information to inform decision-making & action-planning and communicating financial information.
- Other commercial experience including business development and marketing.
- Excellent IT skills, including Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
In return, you will receive:
- Competitive salary package of £38,000 – £57,000 depending on experience
- 5 weeks holiday (+ Bank Holidays) with the option to buy an additional 2 weeks leave
- Company pension enrolment
- Industry leading Maternity/Paternity/Adoption leave benefit of 10 weeks full and 10 weeks half pay
- Extremely generous staff discount scheme for pet healthcare (including cost price medication and free consultations)
- Flexible benefits such as cycle to work, discounted gym membership and Perkbox!
If this sounds like the role for you click HERE
Closing date: 23 July 2021