The primary purpose of the role is to lead and manage the practice, ensuring the best possible standards of patient and client care are provided whilst growing the sustainable profitability of the site.
We welcome full-time applications for this position, which will be a 4-day working week (40hrs/week) with no weekends, on-call or OOHs.
The salary for the role is up to £45,000pa DOE.
Leading a practice you are proud to be a part of
We are a small referral practice based in Glasgow, close by to the Ibrox stadium and Subway. We currently have 3 dermatology specialists, a resident and an intern, and they are supported by 3 nurses and an excellent administration team. We have video-otoscopy and laser surgery facilities on site.
Day-to-day tasks include engagement and leadership of your team and prioritising tasks alongside the Clinical Director to ensure smooth and efficient flow of cases through the practice. You will be responsible for the line management of the Head Nurse, Admin & Finance teams, as well as our Veterinary Surgeons & Residents in the absence of the Clinical Director. Other responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Leading by example as an ambassador of our culture, values and employer brand.
- In collaboration with the practice leadership team, be responsible for the practice’s financial performance.
- HR duties such as recruitment (supported by our central team), managing any employee relations issues, absence management and preparing monthly payroll.
- Overall finance management in accordance with group policy.
- Marketing and business development to ensure promotion of the practice.
- Work closely with the Clinical Director to ensure pricing policies are adhered to, and that monthly clinical & charging audits are performed and acted upon as necessary.
- Ensure that all patients are monitored in accordance with the RCVS and VDS guidelines.
- Promote clinical best practice within the team and encourage peer review of cases.
Relevant experience and personal attributesOur successful candidate will be an experienced leader and will have strong clinical background in the veterinary profession, ideally as a Registered Veterinary Nurse or Veterinary Surgeon looking for a change in career path.
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business, and investing in our people, teams and hospitals is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a generous salary of up to £45,000pa in line with your level of experience, you will benefit from –
- 6.6 weeks annual leave pa
- L&D opportunities through the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Birthday leave
- Discounted veterinary fees
- Various discounts including retail & gym memberships
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Service-related company sick pay
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Relocation packages
- Career progression opportunities
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch with Helen Paddison at email@example.com for more information.