We have an exciting opportunity for a Practice Manager to join our team here at Animals 1st, Macmerry. As Practice Manger you will work closely with our Clinical Director and Head Veterinary Nurse. You will be responsible for the management of the practice and the development of the business, promoting improvements and being an active member of the management team. This is a full-time maternity cover role – 40 hours per week, with no out of hours or weekend cover.
• Leading and developing all team members to ensure a continuous high level of clinical and customer care
• Supporting the team with the day to day running of the practice
• Hold practice team meetings along with senior staff members
• Ensure that the team runs effectively and efficiently
• Supporting less experienced staff
• Dealing with client concerns and complaints
• Having a good knowledge of the business
• Financial understanding of the business
• Debt management
• Processing invoices
• Cash management and banking
• Diary management – organisation of holiday/sickness cover
• Liaising with HR regarding employment issues
• Regular communication with Business Support Manager and other members of IVC
• Implementing and adhering to H&S policies
• Co-ordinate maintenance and repairs within the practice
Animals 1st is a Small Animal veterinary practice based East Lothian, with our main surgery in Macmerry and branch surgery in Haddington. We take pride in providing excellent patient and client care, while being part of a fun and supportive team.
Our growing team consists of 5 Veterinary Surgeons, 2 Registered Veterinary Nurses, 2 Animal Care Assistants and 3 Receptionists across the two sites. The team work well together to provide and outstanding level of customer service and patient care. We are a friendly and outgoing team, where teamwork is important to us, no matter what your role. Each member of the team brings something unique to the practice.
We enjoy social nights both in the practice and out when we can!
The ideal candidate will have previous veterinary experience plus knowledge in leadership, finance, marketing, customer service and IT would be a bonus. You will be self-motivated with strong leadership skills and a willing to learn attitude. You will enjoy a challenge as no two days are the same!
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.