We are a new, modern companion animal veterinary clinic with a young, vibrant team located in Ranelagh, Co Dublin – about 50 minutes from Wicklow. Our practice is easily accessible via public transport including the Luas and bus routes. Ranelagh is a terrific location known for its nightlife, spas, local parks and the amazing Stella theatre.
We are dedicated to providing the highest quality veterinary service possible to the pets of Ranelagh and surrounding suburbs of Dublin. We pride ourselves on building relationships with our clients and ensuring that our focus for employees is on wellbeing and providing a positive work-life balance.
We have all the usual equipment you’d need for a busy, modern practice including a fully equipped in-house laboratory, digital x-ray, multi-parameter anaesthetic monitor and ultrasound. We offer a culture of high clinical standards and inclusiveness with a strong focus on continuing professional development amongst our team.
We are a young, newly developed, friendly team that offers each other support and a little bit of fun in every workday.
Check out our website here: www.BeechwoodVets.ie
Permanent, Part-time position of 15-25 hours per week for a Practice Manager.
The main purpose of this role is to support the Clinical Director in the management of the practice and development of the business, promoting improvement and being an active member of the management team.
Your main duties and responsibilities include:
- Ensuring that all support functions within the practice always run effectively through clear communication, leadership & management
- To always set an example of professional conduct
- To support projects instigated by the Clinical Director & the Group with the aim of driving the business forward. To be receptive to new ideas & encourage the full practice team’s involvement
- Ensure all group policies and procedures, both financial and non-financial are implemented and respected
- Office Management
- Staff Management
- Finance, Cash Management & Banking
- Liaise with the Business Support Manager and colleagues at Head Office to ensure effective communication, co-ordination and co-operation
- Carry out additional duties requested by the partners or senior management
- Communication with company reps about promotions, offers & materials for the practice
- Communication with charities
- Marketing & Business development
- Liaising with the Talent Partner for recruitment requirements
- Managing & resolving customer complaints
- Liaising with HR to handle any employee relations or concerns
The salary for this position is commensurate with experience
The ideal candidate would need to have proven leadership and management experience in a veterinary or similar service driven environment. Training in practice management is also an advantage but not essential for the role. It is important to present well to the Veterinary and support teams, ensuring cooperation in achieving targets and be able to follow what is required in the job specification.
- Strong people skills and effective communication skills are essential
- Friendly, fair and compassionate personality
- Excellent leadership skills, with a proven track record of delivering results
- Aligned with IVC Evidensia’s core values
- Influencer who can collaborate with others whilst not afraid to challenge the status quo
- Experience in Business Management would also be beneficial
You will need to be a dynamic and resilient individual driven to deliver excellence who can stay focused and positive despite setbacks. A positive outlook with confidence and belief in your own abilities is key.
Benefits – Subject to Pro Rata
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our staff, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive salary, you will also benefit from:
Work Life Balance
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Birthday Leave (paid day off on your birthday)
Focus on Employee Wellbeing
- Paid Maternity Leave Package
- Paid Paternity Leave
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Full access to EAP and Wellbeing Centre
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Company Sick Pay
- €1300 annual CPD allowance with 5 days paid CPD days pro rata
- Funding of any Certificates / Diplomas / PhD’s you may want to pursue
- Career Progression Opportunities, both clinical and non-clinical
- VCI membership paid
- VDS cover paid
- Annual Pay Reviews
- Dedicated CARE fund – annual contribution of €1,200 from IVC Evidensia for each Vet to use on a case of your choice to ensure successful outcome with your patient (T&Cs apply)
- Pawesome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with hundreds of retailers
- Employer Pension Contributions
- Free Flu Inoculations
- Discounted Veterinary Fees
- Sponsorship for Overseas Employees
- Opportunity to join company programmes (LGBTQ+, Wellbeing Champions, Nurses Committee, Clinical Board and many more)
- Relocation Packages
As a BAME and LGBTQIA+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.