The Catcuddles Cat Clinics are seeking a dynamic, highly motivated Practice Manager to join their cat-passionate team. With typically 3-6 team members at each clinic at any time, the working environment is sole-charge driven, compassionate, productive and at times fast paced.
Providing the opportunity to support the Clinics’ work with both charity funded and owned cats, this role is uniquely varied and rewarding with excellent management prospects. Our Clinics are not-for-profit aiming to help a mixed demographic of clients by offering affordable (yet not free or subsidised) treatment to as many cats as capacity allows.
This role is based in North London, N13. Occasional travel to our SE London Clinic will be required.
As Practice Manager you will be responsible for the day to day running of our Clinics, working closely with our clinical team.
This role requires clear communication and the ability to inspire and motivate the team to achieve the Clinics’ goals.
You will have previous experience working as a RVN or Practice Manager.
You will be organised and structured in your work and possess the initiative to respond to and action a variety of issues. Additionally, you will be adaptable and possess the ability to prioritise tasks as workload demands as the need arises.
You will have extensive experience of providing a high level of administration and customer service. With highly developed listening and interpersonal skills you will be able to handle complex situations in a way which always balances empathy with professionalism.
You are calm, attentive and always focus on the needs of the Clinics and our patients, ensuring clients’ expectations are managed and escalating where appropriate with full support by senior management.
This role will, at times, be demanding so you will need to be calm and show understanding, consideration and patience.
- Ability to demonstrate and apply our core values
- Client-facing relationship management
- A positive, can-do attitude that will often involve problem-solving
- Team building, cross-practice team-work and people management
- Appointment scheduling and monitoring time management efficiently
- Financial responsibility as a secondary consideration to service quality and compassion
- Stock control and ordering
- Responsibility for Clinic facilities
- Responsibility for compliance of the clinic and its staff
- Vet/vet nursing background would be a great plus
- Previous voluntary or work experience in a cat-setting is advantageous
- This is a full-time position, working 40 hrs per week over 5 days, with no weekend or OOH work. We are not open on bank holidays.
- Private 1 bedroom accommodation with associated costs available in North London (valued at £15,000 per year)
- Use of vet practice car
- Salary £35,000-£50,000 per year (if full-time) dependent on experience
- Holiday entitlement of six weeks including bank holidays on completion of first year.
- Private health insurance on completion of the first year.
- VMG fees covered.
- Generous CPD allowance.
Practice Manager for cat-only veterinary clinics
Full Time, permanent
For more information on Catcuddles visit our website.
To apply for this position, please email a CV and covering letter to email@example.com