Vets4pets Dumbarton is situated in a popular retail park and is the only veterinary practice on the park. The practice has been open for almost 9 years, and is made up of practice owner Ciara and her team. The team consists of 7 veterinary surgeons and 5 veterinary nurses who are supported by a team of 3 receptionists and 4 veterinary care assistants. The practice is open 7 days a week. The team is close knit, and with a low staff turnover have created a lovely support network for each other.
40hrs per week on a rota basis. Salary range from 29k-35k depending on experience.
The practice has grown hugely since it opened in 2014, and now needs the support of a practice manager whose role will be to help the continued growth of the business. The successful candidate will be a key colleague on our reception desk, and will assist in the smooth running of appointments with an emphasis on providing a professional and friendly service to our clients and their pets.
The successful candidate will also
• Manage and carry out all new colleague inductions, probation reviews, 1-2-1 meetings and CPD requests in line with company policies and procedures.
• Management of all surgery administration to include operation of the in-practice database system, producing timely reports and rotas. This will include contacting clients regarding insurance claims and timely payments.
• Manage and deal with appointment bookings in a professional and efficient manner using the in-practice database system
• Receive clients and animals for their appointments, being sensitive to their needs and promoting a professional, and friendly image at all times.
• Maintain product knowledge and be able to advise where necessary
• Comply with health and safety regulations and policy within the surgery
• Work with other members of the team to ensure that the reception and other areas of the practice and maintained to a high standard of cleanliness and are presentable at all times.
• Bereavement handling – offer emotional assistance to clients in sensitive situations
• Show an awareness of financial controls within the practice
• Adhere to policies and procedures
• Manage the team in line with procedures and deal with any performance, conduct or absences correctly.
We want our colleagues to be as diverse as our clients. Our teams are inclusive and celebrate difference so if you meet our role requirements, we’d love to hear from you.
Location: G82 1RB